No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi, I joined a company 4 days ago. In interview discussions, I was told that there were PF and health benefits associated but none were shared on appointment/offer letter. They have just one letter. I signed it because I was told that the appointment letter would be separate and will have the salary structure but later I was told by the company’s finance person that they don’t have PF (it’s an LLC) and we don’t have any separate appointment letters.
They say there is a bonus but that too as per company policy, which I haven’t seen too. Nothing in writing.

Now, the fact is I signed the offer-cum—appointment letter but I am not comfortable working with this company after spending 3-4 days.
Even my work profile is not exactly as I was told.

As per the letter I am on 6 months probation but still have to give a month’s notice if I leave.

Please suggest a solution that could save me from spending an entire month here?

From India, Delhi
saswatabanerjee

If the employment was accepted on false pretext, you can leave without giving notice.

However, if you have accepted and signed the appointment letter which clearly states the new term, then legally you are bound by it as you have accepted the terms.

From India, Mumbai
michealvicky2000

First and foremost, you will need to document the verbal discussions that you had with your employer during the interview, so that it becomes a written document, from your side, (whether they reply with an affirmative or not) and you will have a valid reason in hand, to legally negate the letter offered under false pretense of making you expect an appointment letter.

Post that, you can justify that your leaving the employments was only due to differences in the employments terms discussed during your interview and the actual terms given in writing later by the employer.

Micheal William S
HR BP

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.