No Tags Found!

neeraj.k
Neeraj Kaushal,

Hi All,
I have been going through a problem and i am sure that you all would be able to guide me on the further course of action.
To begin with I have more than25 years of experience in manufacturing field and my last job was with an Pvt. Ltd. company for a period of 4 years and 8 months.
After 5 Months they have not made my Final settlement and not calculated gratuity in that.
Can I claim my gratuity now through legal process even though I have signed the F&F papers?

Regards
Neeraj

KK!HR

Yes, you can stake claim for gratuity from the employer, as well as any other dues payable to you. You may write to them, if the answer is not on the affirmative you may address the claim to the Controlling Authority under the Payment of Gratuity Act 1972 (i.e., the local Labour Officer) and follow up with him. He has the legal authority to get the gratuity paid to you.
From India, Mumbai
monkey-singh

Actually at the moment, the act only specifies five years of continuous service. There is no elaboration on whether less than 5 years can get rounded off to five. They can deny you gratuity on the basis of that. Now this 6 months and 8 months get counted as one year for the time spent after the five years of service.
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.