No Tags Found!

SwapnilP

Dear All, I work with an educational Firm into organisational development Department. As part of revision of policies there was a query. I have heard from a couple of my ex colleagues that the appointment letter is no longer mandatory for an organisation to give. Only an offer letter is released to a candidate once he is selected in an interview. And once he/her completes his/her probation after their joining they are entitled for confirmation letter.
Shall, they have any requirement of appointment proof for banking or any other purpose a separate letter of Employment Proof mentioning their address and tenure with organisation is given.
Kindly help me in knowing whether it's the new process that should be followed? Or each company can have its own way of rolling out letters?

From India, Mumbai
rkn61

Normal practice is to issue Appointment letters to selected candidate(s) after completing all
formalities related to Recruitment of that candidate. Of late, 2 types of letters are issued.
No.1 is LOI (letter of indent) which can also be termed as 'Offer letter" which only tell that he /she is selected in the organization as ..(position name) and details of documents which he/she is supposed to bring at the time of joining. This enables the candidate to submit his/her resignation letter to his/her current company without any hesitation. No.2 is Offer-cum-Appointment letter which clearly the candidate about the terms and conditions of employment, leave details, working hours, details of emoluments etc.
I would like to add that my company follow the above procedure.
Thanks

From India, Aizawl
Kritarth Consulting

Employmnt is a Contracthence Appointment Letter is needed. Appointment Letters contain Terms & Confdition of Employment well-defined with sufficient Precision leaving little Scope for different Interpretation.
Kritarh Team
25 Nov 2019

From India, Delhi
umakanthan53

Dear Swapnil,
The contention of your friend treating the issuance of appointment order has become redundant may not be correct in the realm of formal employment. It is true that appointment letter is not mandatory except under the Karnataka Shops and Commercial Establishments Act,1961 and the Sales Promotion Employees (Conditions of Service) Act,1976 only where to my knowledge it is mandatory under sections 6-A and 5 respectively. But appointment order concludes the process of recruitment by following the acceptance of the offer letter by the prospective employee. Certificate of employment for other purposes is certainly different from appointment letter which contains the contract of employment in nut shell.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.