No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I worked for an MNC in Kerala as a contract software engineer from 2012 Feb to 2013 Sep (20 months). The contract agency is addressed in Chennai in the offer letter.

Below is the monthly salary breakup.

Basic 15,500

HRA 7,750

Transportation Allowance 800

Medical Reimbursement 1,250

Special allowances 5,700

Leave Encashment 1,192

Health Insurance 100

LTA 1550

Gratuity 745

Total Cost to Company 34,588

Of these I got 31,000 (although the CTC is 34,588 in the offer letter) only. The rest 3588 (Leave Encashment+Health Insrance+LTA+Gratuity) they deduct. No tax was paid by them, no paid leaves was given.

The last month salary was not paid until December for no reason. The rest of the amount Leave Encashment and LTA is about 49,000. After several promised dates, they are not giving the amount or telling how much of it will i get?

Am I eligible for the LTA? Since I did not get the final settlement done after 4 months, can I legally claim it with penalty? Kindly advise.

Details from offer letter attached.

From India, Trivandrum
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc offer.doc (12.5 KB, 37 views)

bcarya

Dear Jeevan,

As per the attachment and supplied information, the paid salary, i.e. 31k is correct, as LTA, Leave Encashment & Gratuity (as included in CTC) are payable on ending of the Contract, in contract engagement. Whereas, Health Insurance should be payable to Insurance Company, from where that organization has taken GMP or GPA. As you have mentioned that you was working with them since Feb'2012, then LTA, Leave Encashment & Gratuity must be settled on 31st Jan'2013. If it was not settled at that time, then you can claim for the same and the further pending dues also.

If they are not responding in this regard, then you can write them a registered letter in this regard and mention that you are continuously following them since last 4 months and your a/c is still not settled. And ask them to settle your account at the earliest. You can also mention that if your account is not settled with due course of time, then you will approach Legal Authorities.

Hope this will help you.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.