No Tags Found!

riyarodeshia

Dear Seniors,
As per my understanding Performance planing is the first step to Performance Management. and As I understand, steps in performance planing are:-
1. Setting up the Mission and Vision - Done by top management
2. Setting up Organisational Goals/Objectives - Done by top management
3. Setting up Individual Objective/KRA's - Done by the reporting Manager and Reportee
The Role of HR is to:-
1. Train the individuals on what is a KRA and KPI
2. Act as a Guide for them while they will set up the KRA's for the employees in their departments or for themselves
3. Work as a coordinator to get the KRA's and KPI's fixed on time
4. give their inputs at the time of performance assessment on the basis of set KRA's
Kindly let me know if HR plays any role which is different from my understanding.
Early response is appreciated please.

From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Riya,

When you ask some question to seniors, courtesy demand disclosure of your name, designation, why you are asking this query etc.

Some 2-3 things you need to add for HR in performance management. These are as below:

a) Many times certain measures of performance, escape from the attention of department's manager. Therefore, have we measured everything? This question is quite important.

b) There are many performance measures for every department. However, deciding on the degree of the importance is also important. To decide the degree, you may attach weights to the KRAs. However, this job is to be done by manager. HR's job is to find out whether this is done or not.

c) Next thing is every KRA should be SMART i.e. Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time bound. Some times managers make KRA like "maintain relation among staff members". This is not KRA at all. If some manager frames KRA like this, HR should send it back and make correction.

d) You have not written anything about performance appraisal meeting. Therefore, I would not like to give my comments on that.

Ok...

Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
riyarodeshia

Dear Mr. Dinesh,
Thanks for your reply.
So my understanding of HR's role in performance planing is clear??
HR as a Guide on how to write KRA's or SMART KRA's
HR As a Coordinator to get KRA's set on time
HR as a checking authority to ensure that the KRA's are aligned with mission & Vision and Organisational Goals
Riya Sharma
HR Trainer

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.