ravitashukla1

Dear Seniors ,
Please suggest,
We have appointed a boy in our sales dept as sales Assistant.For three months we will pay him in cash and will check his applicability for the position. After that we are planning to take him on Co. role for sure.
We gave him offer letter mentioning his salary details but now he is asking for the appointment letter.
Since for three months we will pay him in cash what appointment letter I can provide him as a trainee or intern.
Please suggest, after three for sure he will be on Co. role but for his satisfaction what we can provide him so that we also should not come in problem and he also should be satisfied that we are not cheating him.
Please suggest...
Thanks
Ravita

From India, Mumbai
teddy@5886

Dear Ravita,
Before commenting on your issue, I need to have clarification on the following:
1) Why is he being paid in cash when he is on probation?
2) What is the problem in issuing an appointment letter to him mentioning that he is being hired on probation basis and will be confirmed after 3 months based on his performance and his supervisor's feedback?
3) Also, in the first line of your query, you have mentioned that he has been appointed as Sales Assistant, then why is your management considering him as a trainee/ intern? Is he not a permanent employee?

From India, Mumbai
ravitashukla1

Hi Teddy,
Thanks for reply ,
Actually he is hired through consultancy and is paid in cash for 3 months. Main thing is this only that he is paid in cash 4 three month thats Y we can not provide them appointment letter.
Is it ok if we pay salary in cash and provide appointment letter for probation period of 3 months.Is is legally wrong if probationers are paid in cash ?

From India, Mumbai
teddy@5886

Dear Ravita,
As far as my knowledge is concerned, it is his right to get the appointment letter as a proof of his employment with the company. I do not think that it is illegal to provide an appointment letter to an employee who is on probation.
I know, we being HR Professionals, need to think from management point of view but if you were in his place and the company denies you an appointment letter, wouldn't you feel insecure about that?
I would suggest that you should issue an appointment letter to him mentioning that he is on probation for "x" months and post that, based on his performance, his employment will be confirmed with the company.

From India, Mumbai
ravitashukla1

Hi Tamanna ,
Thanks for the reply , I will do the same , will provide him appointment mentioning on probation for 3 months , but salary paid to him in cash is legally not an issue no , he will not be given salary slip also for 3 months.
Plz suggest...
Thanks...

From India, Mumbai
teddy@5886

Ravita,
That is fine dear. Don't worry at all.
He can use that appointment letter as the proof of his employment.
You speak to him and inform him that he will not receive any salary slip for the probation period.
Relax dear . .

From India, Mumbai
BSSV

You can clearly mention the same in the employment agreement........and say it is the company practice, but he will have to respond to that 3 months period of observation....... You may give him a provisional appointment letter which holds good for 3 months.......
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.