No Tags Found!

reshmarmsw
want dose six sigma mean?how dose the term sigma come and what six mean?
From India, Madras
camallia
Hey Reshma attaching here history,methods and implentation of six sigma
From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Six-Sigma.pdf (166.7 KB, 250 views)

RRyet
Congratulation Camakia, a well prepared comphrehensive documentation.
Reshma,
If you find the document a little technical, please type Six sigma on download search on this page, you will have loads of simple to detailed ppts and docs.
You may mail me specefic queries and I assure you I shall certainly clarify them. But as far as basic info is concerned the search action should be able to do it.

From India, Delhi
RRyet
Re-Attaching a document uploaded by Octavious (Sr Member)on Citehr. A complete knowledge bank. Thanks Octavious.
From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf gettingstartedsixsigma_0471668117_168.pdf (1.79 MB, 122 views)

camallia
Thank you RRYet for ur motivation.I am fresh M.B.A graduate specialized in marketing and human resource.Is there
there any short term course to know more about the practical application of six sigma.Need your inputs.

From India
RRyet
Dear Camallia,
appologies for a delayed response.
Unfortunately Six Sigma is little understood subject in India with most of the trainings restricting themselves to 'Classroom coachings' on the concepts.
Practical utility and implementation is not being offered as a course. Moreover the practice of Apprentices working on Six Sigma projects is not common as these projects usually encounter with the organisational working, practices, ethics, management styles etc... in DETAILS (which is makes them uncomfortable), another issue is that it is treated as highly skilled service which can be provided only by HIGH END CONSULTANTS or HIGHLY PAID resources.

MY suggestion towards your interest in Implemented SIx Sigma skills is to start with the basic understanding of the various Tools used in the DMAIC approach. Question the entire flow of DMAIC and various milestones. Once you understand the implementation scope of the tools it would be fairly simple for you to understand the mechanics of SiX Sigma.

Six Sigma is a simple sequential analytical process.

Please do shoot your queries. I will certainly be happyto help/guide if any individual or group of like minded professionals take it as learning project.

From India, Delhi
navi1977
Sir ,
I am working as Quality Lead in customer service delivery dept in Telecom industry and I am keen on doing Six Sigma Black belt certification .
Plz can u suggest some of well known institutes in India for the same.
Thanks and Regards
Naveen

From India, Mumbai
RRyet
Dear Naveen,
There are better suited Quality certifications in Customer Service Delivery segment. Howsoever, if you wish to start your Six Sigma Journey, I would suggest the following path:-
Go in for a theoretical Green belt course
Followed by at least 3-5 small projects
Next Study the Statistical tools and prepare for Black belt level.
(This is nothing other than a sequential and logical usage of the tools to solve a problem)
Appear for ASQ certification
I would like to strongly mention certification from any organization does not establish your professional skills. (Most Organizations which care about their Reputation would require you to submit a vetted/evaluated copy of Black belt project; but not provide you a handholding in execution of the same, they may claim to be providing guidance..... which is a mktg game) .
To have a more clear understanding of the desired pathway please email me with your resume.

( Most organisations which

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.