architahr
Dear All,
i just made a common statement to everyone , about rudeness ....... if a person has a doubt clarify it, if its not in your understanding better ignore rather then insulting by saying you dont have patience, search things on own , we are not here to help you everytime . i do understand one should always try to find answers himself rather then getting a spoon feeding, but what will a person do if he is not satisfied with his learning. he will obviously ask for help no matter how silly his question is???????????? correct me if wrong

From India, Mumbai
MK Saseedharan

You are 100% correct. Keep on asking your questions, no matter, how silly they are. Don't worry, those who are answering to your query too must have had similar questions in the start of their career. Focus on the responses that are meeting with your purpose and move on. The intent of the author of a particular response that you feel rude may not be so while he was writing it.
From India, Delhi
architahr
Dear MK Saseedharan,
thanks for understanding me , i did felt bad when i got a very insulting answer
today i am a sr hr executive but still need guidance before taking any decisions, i am only hr in the firm so cant discuss things with any one around ... so i registered with cite hr. my only concern is look yourself when you began your career and then help a jr.

From India, Mumbai
MK Saseedharan

Archita, you seek for help from CiteHR and you are getting it. Keep on asking for help and you will continuously get it. Sometimes, we misinterpret the intentions of others. At a basic level, all humans are same and none want to insult another. However, sometimes it happens due to misunderstanding. So, only one remedy to this is to correct one's understanding. I remember a small story to explain, why that rude response (as you felt) may have created misunderstanding in you, though the intention of the author may have been different.

The story starts in a pleasant morning. A boy comes out of his home and sits in the garden in a chair awaiting for his morning tea as his normal routine. Suddenly, he realizes some movements on the leaf of a flower plant. With great curiosity, he goes near and observes what is happening there. It was a young butterfly trying to come out of its cocoon and putting its all efforts to get itself separated from the sticky fluid around its wings. The boy interestingly started watching the butterfly's herculean efforts. But, even after several minutes of its efforts, the butterfly was still trying unsuccessful. At this moment, the boy concludes that it will be impossible for the butterfly to come out its cocoon. The boy's heart started paining and it was unbearable for him to wait and see the hardship further. He decided to help the butterfly get out of its cocoon.

He runs inside the house and comes back with two needles. He used them to help the butterfly to get rid off the sticky fluids. Ultimately, he was successful in getting the butterfly's wings out of the cocoon. He felt very happy in helping the butterfly free itself from all the troubles. He curiously started watching the butterfly and waited to see it takes off. However, several minutes passed, the butterfly could not fly. The boy ran inside the house again and brought his father along explaining him all the kindness he could do to the butterfly. The father looked at the butterfly and realized that it will never be able to fly and tells the same to his son. The boy was very sad and asked his father, why are you saying that the butterfly will never be able to fly?

The father explains: the continuous hard work and effort that the butterfly puts in to get out of its cocoon is the process for strengthening its wings called chrysalis. Without undergoing that process, it's wings will not be strong enough to take a flight. You helped the butterfly to bypass that process with the best of your intentions. However, in that process of kind help, its wings were ruined and it will not be able to fly in its entire life.

I do not think, more clarifications are required on the moral of the story. Understand that sometimes the helpless situations in life prompts people to think out of the box and teaches great lessons to them. Sometimes, immediate ready made solutions to a problem may block the thinking process of the individual. Good managers are experts in channelizing the thought process. People cannot expect any quick solutions from such managers if they go with a problem to them, rather they prompt the solution seekers to think for a solution of theirs, which will immediately give a feeling of distress. Those people who take on the challenge and think are those who contribute to build the knowledge base for tomorrow. I think, you would like to be a contributor for tomorrow.

MK Saseedharan

From India, Delhi
nashbramhall

Archita (in the above message) that created exchanges in this thread, did not realise that Keerthi had posted a query that was answered by me. She had also posted a query how to get in touch with me and (Cite Contribution). Please see https://www.citehr.com/401738-plz-he...sbramhall.html where Keerthi has acknowledged the help that I provided.
If people gave enmough information about what they have done so far and why they are seeking help, it will help members a great deal. For example see, <link no longer exists - removed> and https://www.citehr.com/394820-guidan...a-project.html to appreciate the difference in responses received.
Normally, I do not like to debate such issues in the public forum; but as I could not send a private message to Archita, I raised queries.

From United Kingdom
natraj.38
Hi Archita,
All companies need a travel policy which clearly states the mode of transport to be used (based on Kms of travel up & down), type of lodging to be used (expense limit) entertainment expenditure, use of office equipments carried on self, which is mostly Black berry/3G phones, LAP tops etc.,
Usually it the responsibility of the Admin dept to ensure that these equipment have sufficient insurance cover since these equipments will have to go through checks at airport etc., and chances of damage are possible. But the over all responsibility lies on the employee who takes out these equipments while on travel and they should be used with utmost care and caution.
As regards marine equipment, please make it more clear to comment on.
Raj

From India, Bangalore
Uma Ravi
Hi All,
I am pursuing my PhD in HRM. My study is about Dual Career Women Professionals. By dual career, i mean the unpaid career that women do at home and the paid one that they take up outside home. Though many literature reviews give the idea that by dual career- they mean the career of the women and that of the man. Of course there are a couple of studies which give the meaning of dual career women as a career at home and a career outside home.
I would like to receive your comments on the above, especially from womenfolk on what your perception is about Dual career women. This will help me immensely.
Regards,
Uma A K

From India, Madras
nashbramhall

Dear Uma, Please start a new thread as your topic is much different from the one started by Archita. Normally, I transfer them. But there was no way of doing this time.
From United Kingdom
Uma Ravi
Hi Mr Simhan I had posted my query on a new thread on the same day...dunno how i pasted it on this thread...by oversight i suppose....SORRY:(
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.