No Tags Found!

ad_puneet

Dear all
There are various types of Leaves provided in the statute.
Casual Leave
Earned Leave (Leave with Wages)
Sick Leave.
The intervening holidays and rest day shall not be counted towards the days of leave.
Earned leaves are governed by the Factories Act sec. 79. Your kind attention is invited towards

79. Annual leave with wages.- (1)
(i)
(ii) .
Explanation 1.-
Explanation 2.-The leave admissible under this sub-section shall be exclusive of all holidays whether occurring during or at either end of the period of leave.

Similar is the situation for Casual leaves.

But for sick leave, the days of sickness leave during the Holidays shall be counted towards the leave.
:idea:
bye.

puneet Gupta

From India, Ludhiana
premson

Dear Shikha,
It depends on the personnel policy of the company. However if there are no leave rules in place, it is better to frame one to have an uniform policy and not to leave something to the whims and fancies of the individual. However the general policy followed is if it is a Casual Leave or Earned Leave intervening off is not considered as leave. But if the leave is either Sick leave/Maternity leave/ Half pay leave to be availed on sickness /illness/maternity related cases then the intervening off will also be considered as leave.
Regards
Premson

From India, Mangaluru
pankajdcosta
Hi, If you refer the act it only specifies the no of minimum leave entitled. Whether to account in between holidays/weekends depends on the company, but a good practice is not to consider them as leaves. If someone takes leave on friday and monday, it is ideally taken as two days of leave (as a good HR practice)... Ask yourself this: employee gets paid for the month... i.e 30 days and not for 22/25 working days as the case maybe.... hence irrespective when the leave is taken leave deduction should be only for the absent dates.... if a good HR practice is to be set
regards
pankaj

From India, Mumbai
suja_nm

In our orgsn, we do not consider the weekly offs or intervening holidays as leave. Only the actual working days for which the employee is absent is considered as leave, which is the practice in 80% of the IT companies.
From India, Bangalore
trapti

Hi shikha, It depends up on Co. to Co as my is also IT company and we not calculating Sat and Sun in case of continous leaves. Regards, Trapti
From India, Delhi
s.dinesh
Dear Shikha,
I my company we don't count sunday as leave if a person is on leave from Saturday to Monday.Mine is NBFC .
I don't know about IT companies .One more thing as earlier said that it depends upon the HR person who is making the policy.There is nopt any written law on the same.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.