moon049
Good posting Richa. the process is depicted clearly. Can u tell if thre is something similar for time management & payroll as i doing my SAP HR course (without HR background). it woud help me understand the process & functionality.
thanks
chandana

From India, Hyderabad
Pradeep Bajaj

Thanks Tikam, for the new paradigm of recruitment and selection. I learnt.
When in doubt, I go for dictionary, and as per you the so called Jargon includes selection and MP Planning, and are prompt to disagree with it.
The paradigm mentioned by you is appreciated and accepted gracefully, and that appears to be at the developing stage.
While I may not readily agree with your explanation, for the benefit of those who are learning and clarfying their fundamentals, I would reiterate "Simplicity is the very essence", and dictionary one of the two trusted friends I have.
Regards,
Pradeep Bajaj

From India, Delhi
snigdha_incg

Recruitment is a process of stimulating prospective employees to apply for a vacant position through advertising about any vacant position through advertising modes like positng a job in any Newspaper, Any Job Portal, etc.
Wherein, Selection is a process of choosing an appropriate candidate from the results received as part of the Recruitment Process. Its not that simple as Selection Process involves several steps wherein the candidate is put to various tests like Aptitude Test, Analytical Test, Simulation Test, Role Play, Inbasket and few other tests.
I hope this may be of little help to you.
Regards
Snigdha Singh

From India, Indore
Sanjeev.Himachali

Recruitment is a positive process...where you invite applications and let as many people as possible. Selection is a negative process, where to eliminate and reject unsuitable applicants.
From India, Mumbai
Mahadeva
Hello All,
Snigdaji said that "Recruitment is a process of stimulating prospective employees to apply for a vacant position through advertising about any vacant position through advertising modes like positng a job in any Newspaper, Any Job Portal, etc."
The underlined word is not employees that is "JOB SEEKERS"
Sorry snigdaji, if I am wrong.
Thanks,
Mahadeva

From India, Mumbai
snigdha_incg

Dear My name spelling is SNIGDHA SINGH right,or you are right it is not employees it is candidates. Regards Snigdha Singh
From India, Indore
Mahadeva
Snigdha Singh ji Am I correct? Ofcourse we can call them as candidates also. Regards, Mahadeva
From India, Mumbai
yasirkayyum@gmail.com

We can off course call the the candidates as prospective empoyees because they have chances to be inducted, prospective showing likelihood. If,however,we remove prospective before employees at recruitment & selection stage then it is wrong .For example prospective/likely to be customres is a many time retrieted word by companies,who have not however can become customers. And the word candidate does not need prepective because it itself conveying complete meanings:icon1:
Yasir Qayyum
AM-HR
Crestex,FSD

From Pakistan, Faisalabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.