ambee81
Hi, One can say that Recruitment is the process of creating a pool of candidates and Selection is the process of choosing from the pool of candidates. Hope it helps Ambita

balamourougane
in simple, recruitment is done before the selection process, moreover recruitment is knowing the availability of candidates for the particular position quite selection is filteration to choose the apt candidate

Vijayashukla
Recruitment and Selection process are act like a two phase of coin at the time of organisational process.
Recruitment and selection process is a process of socially negotiation between two parties, namely the organisation and the individual person.
regards,
vijaya

Amith R Murthy

Hi Paromita,
Very informative and simple explanation. But i want to have a little discussion with you on Selection which you have mentioned as
"Negative Process" so just tell me what makes you to think like that. Other members you can also give your views on what do you think about the same.
Regards
Amith R.

From India, Bangalore
Tikam

[color=blue]Hi ,

Seen the views, its is very informative.

Let me Correct Mr Bajaj's Point, as said Selection is a part of Recruitment as a whole.

Recruitment means : All the efforts by which we make potential candidates in the market for the requirement to reach us for the Test,GD,PI or a Meeting.

Once he gets in the process or when we give him the Candidate ID in the PI Process, selection starts.

Now let me give a view on your statement , Today in Service industry Recruitment is having a Big time, Infact Recruitment is shifted differently from HR department in many companies. So as a general term People find Selection also a part of Recruitmet, and Ideally it is not.

In same reference sombody has said knowing the vacancies with the company then to do the advertisements , But sir once you find the vacancies it comes in Manpower Planning, which is again different than Recruitment.

Recruitment is a common Jargon in the Industry which includes (manpower planning,selection as well) whichis not corrrect.

Example : For photocopy of a paper we say Let me get it xeroxed,Which is again not correct because Xerox is a name of Company and Photocopy is a word to be used.

Thanks----....

Regards,

Tikam S Shekhawat

[/
color]

From India, Pune
gauritomar

Hi Ramya,
I would like to add something on it ,, recruitment is an extensive serach process and selection is a funnel extraction process. Recruitment is an opportunity for every candidate and selection is for suitable candidates . Right job for right candidate or organisation -employee fitment. It requires lot of test to choose a right candidate.
I hope it will help u...
Gauri

From India, Delhi
paromita26

Hi Amit,
To clarify your doubt regarding "Selection as Negative Process"
Recruitment is a positive process because it aims at attracting applicants for various jobs.
But selction is a negative process because it aims at rejecting applicants who are unsuitable and offering jobs to those who are unsuitable......
PURPOSE:
The purpose of recruitment is to create a pool of applicants for jobs in the organization.
But Selection aims at eliminating unsuitable candidates and ensuring most competent people for the vacant jobs.....
Another valid point:
Whenever unsuitable employees are appointed, the efficiency of the organization will go down.
Such employees will shrik work and absent themselves from the work more often.
They may also be compelled to leave their jobs.
If this happens, all the expenses incurred on the selection and training of such employees will go waste.

From India, Bangalore
iamvik
Hi,
Hmmn...is there a difference?...maybe according to some old and dusty book lying in some corner of your library...zilch difference in reality...all this is semantic junk used by senile HR oldies to confound a young recruit during a job interview...try thinking of a time when you had to use one and not the other...bet you'll not be able to...
You can't select if you don't get people to apply...and there is no point in making people apply if you don't intend to select them...reminds me of the debate about the difference between "tools and implement" and such like...who cares?

From Ghana
rajeshgupte
Dear Manju , i have appriciate the answer . still i have one more query. why HR person is more important while taking interview other than technicl person. regards, rajesh
From India, Thana
Richa Upadhyay

check this article on citeman:recritment is distinct from selection
https://www.citeman.com/recruitment-...-and-selection
Regards,
Richa

From Ireland, Limerick
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.