No Tags Found!

ashokkalia16

Hi,
Please pardon my frank approach to this issue.
Firstly, please accept the fact that leave is a privilege BUT NOT A RIGHT. In any organisation, like there are set goals and targets, there are also set rules and procedures. If one allows those procedures to run along with our own convictions and not contrary to them, there will never be an issue (unless you have a Boss who takes pleasure in POWERPLAY).
Secondly, no one is indispensable. Either you make yourself so indispensable that the Boss requests you to defer your leave, or willingly accepts your request to avoid any friction coming in the path of his planned target for the company.
In any case, your query can be well answered once all details are put on the screen by you.
Ashok

From India, Pune
billulal66
Dear friends , Now a days attitude of bosses are like that only. I work in PSB used to get such replies from our AGM or DGM. See allbankingsolution web site. Arrogant attitude of higher officers for leave and threatening to work on holidays and sundays have become common. It is not like misunderstanding between boss and employees as posted in this forum. It is highhandedness of boss or arrogance or dont care attitude or employees are slaves mentality or employees cant do anything against boss. Their attitude is to make us dump or think twice or 100 times before applying leave.
Moreover boss passes down what he receives from his boss
there is no leave policy in our office. it is often quoted by management that leave cannot be claimed as right. (It is in service regulation ) Our question is Is rejection of leave is right of boss/management?
Is it important for boss to inquire reason for leave ?
Members may kindly deliberate on issues raised by me.

From India, Selam
rakesh_sharma_143

Hi All,

I completly agree with ashok's statement of Leave being a privilege and not a right, however i do not agree with the statement, the so called boss mentioned to the employee if incase the statement was said in the same tone as we read it.

As we are aware, there would always be exigencies at the workplace where the dependency on the resource would be high and this may sound clinched but at the end of the day its the duty of all stake holders to run the business.

I personally feel at this point of time its unfair to comment or analyze the situation, as the clear particulars with respect to leave like how many leaves taken earlier and reason for leave etc not being mentioned by the source.

As far as the attitude part of the bosses goes, its always tricky to deal with the situation, hence my only suggestion would be to ensure you understand your boss as to how he would be convinced (this is easier said than done ) and use the methods to get things done. At the end of the day if nothing improves, then for clever and talented people there are always other opportunities waiting and nonetheless always be thankful to your boss for he would have taught you " How things should not be dealt, when you are the boss ".

Regards

Rakesh

From India, Secunderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.