ambekar
Dear Mr Sri hariraju Recent amendment 10 or above employees. the employer should remit the PF Vijay
From India, Kanigiri
arlkrishna

Dear Mannat,

Hope yours is an organisation coming up and having initially less than 20 employees. Since you are an service provider organisation, you are coming under The Shop & Establishment Act and not Factories Act.

You can refer The Shop & Establishment Act book available with any book shop selling statutory forms and books. You can read and apply all provisions as per the act read with the rules made under the same by the concerned state government.

However you have to convince your mgt to comply the law as saying all the labour law are providing only minimum rights to the workers and it is the duty of the employer to compulsorily follow as a responsible citizen.

Leave rules are different under Shop & Estt Act and Factories Act. Usually national & festival holidays are not coming under leave rules. There is a separate act called The National & Festival Holidays Act and rules made under it by the concerned state government. This act will be applied for these annual mandatory holidays.

Hope the above is useful to you.

Regards,

arlkrishna

From India, Madras
parmita@e2epeoplepractice
hii...

1. Is the above mentioned statements true? YES
2. If yes, then is there any provision to give 12 PL (Vacations)? You can treat this as Privelge Leave, you earn 1 leave for every 20 working days. that comes to around 1.5 days per month.
3. Can an employer make 9 hours shift per day (6 days in a week) daily? YES 9 hours can be there provided you have a 1 hour lunch break. it can be only 8 Working Hours.
4. Can an employee take any action against my company's policy? They may.. but its not likely as of now,.. just increase your vacations and call it PL

Please clear this problem because in my company, there are 10 national holidays (This is rite, you have 5 national mandatory offs & 5 festive offs that the company can choose from the long list), 12 Vacations (make it 1 for every 20 working days) and 6 Sick (make this 12 SL for the calendar year) . Shift time is 9:30 am to 6:00 pm (company is planning for 9 am to 6.30 pm) you need to work 8 hours per day!. No other leaves are there like - maternit leaves, study leaves and all - thats ok, only maternity leave is as per law-12 week leave in total with pay if the women has worked min of 80 working days prior to maternity leave. Also, there is no thing that in case an employee has to work on his week off (for office work) then the employer will not be giving and extra/compensatary off.. if the work hours is 48 hours, it wont be paid. 1 weekly off per week is a must, then compensatory offs are not required.

hope it helps.

rgs, parmita

From India, Bangalore
mannat@citehr.com

Dear Member,
Thanks a ton for your efforts, guidance and support that you people have put in. I am really very thankful to everyone who have taken some time from their busy schedule to assist me.
Thanks a lot to everyone once again. I am very happy that I have got lot many suggestions.
Best Regards,
Mannat

From India, New Delhi
venky108

In my company there is concept of CL,SL. There is only PL and one day is also counted as PL. The Act is something and employer can decide on his own. It seems that IT has diluted the spirit of the labour law
From India, Madras
akshu_80@yahoo.com
Hi, If employees are demanding for PF, please explain to them that the employee strength should cross atleAst 20 to register with PF.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.