meghal_shah2000

Hi
See in your case as above, let the company introduce the policy. Weekly off is required, but if an employee works and donot get benefit, do u think they will continue working on week off or late in evening. The same happened in my last company, where there was a system of paying extra on overtime or extra day working but then managment removed it an no perks were given. And result was that a que at punch machine at the very minute of day end. No one was ready to sit late nor ready to work on week off and so many times important worked suffer. After one month, I took the information to management and suggested a compensatory off of 1/2 day for arround 4hrs of extra work and above that entitles for full day. This is also required as you cannot consider employee as machines, and even machines requires the rest. Again employee have there family at home and is a social animal.
My suggestion was accepted.
Regards
Meghal

From India, Mumbai
hrd_values

Dear Mannat,
With reference to your queries on the working hours and overtime, you have to follow the factories act.
An employee shall not work for more than 48 hours a week, but still you can apply for exemption from the inspectorate of factories by applying in a specified form. You may refer to the exemptions under factories act and accordingly you may proceed.
All the time and attendance sheets should mention as per factory rules and registers have to be maintained accordingly.
You may give in you personal email ID for giving you certain suggesions to carryout your daily functions. Certain information cannot be provided in website.
Regards,
Saravana Kumar K

From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
riyarodeshia

Friends jab itni baat chal hi rahi hai to ek dobut mera bhi clear kar do...........
if these work hrs of 48hrs. is only applicable for executive to senior mgmt or its also the same for Guards, Reception, and other facielity people................

From India, Delhi
mannat@citehr.com

Dear Menbers,

I have already told about the working hours to the higher management. I have tols them that if an employee is wotking on his/her off day then he.she should get an extra off or something like that. But they said that no one is going to ask for an extra off. We have hard working employees in our company. I said that currently we are few but later our company will grow and the number of employees also will get increased. But they said we will not hire those people who do not take office work as their own work. Then I said that everyone needs rest and thats their right to get an extra off if you are calling them on week off, then they said that we are not asking them to come on every week off. But if work demands then the person will have to come. Employees are askign from me about the same. I don't know that what should I reply to them...:(:(:(

Also, FYI, I am new to this company, I can't even argue with them.

Please help... I want a simple suggestion jis se "saap bhi mar jaye aur laathi bhi na tutey"

From India, New Delhi
qbham61
Mr. Mannat
Hi. I am an outsider and greatly appricate Mr. Malikjs response, but will it not be appropiate if you skim throug the act yourself. I am sure it will give you more confidence to deal with the problem.
As far Mr Malikjs is concerned a through GM and professional
Regards

From Pakistan, Islamabad
amitkrgera

Dear Mannat,

Yes it is mandatory under Delhi Shops Act to provide atleast 12CL/SL and 15 PLs (05 PLs to be credited on completion of every 04 months), but you can make a policy in this regard and clearly specify that 05 PLs will be credited in the months of April, Aug and December as per the Calender year i.e Jan to Dec.

In regards to extra duties, it is specified that for every extra hour of work, the employee is entitled to get double wages for every extra hour. but you can formulate a memorandum of understanding(MoU) i.e mutually agreeable contract, with your workers clearly specifying that management is willing to pay the same rate of wages per hour as the worker is already getting as per his monthly salary. (Some judgements of Hon'ble Courts have also vouched for this).

Shops and Est Act also states that a worker should not be allowed to work for more than 50 hours overtime in a month.

It is advisable to spk tp your immediate superior and make him/her aware of the legal consequences and the financial imapct applicable to this and draft a policy in this regard, which will help you to smoothen and strengthen Industyrial relations in your organisation.

thanks
Amit Gera

From India, New Delhi
mannat@citehr.com

Dear Members, Is there any book of Shops and Establishment Act available in the market? If yes then please let me know or else please give me the soft copy of the same.
From India, New Delhi
marianjayson
Dear Mannat,
Other than the above discussed leaves there are few more leaves which are compulsory. They are
Maternity Leave (ML):
i. Every female employee is entitled to ML up to a maximum of 12 weeks paid leave (including weekends & public holidays) as per terms of the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
also
Paternity Leave (PaL):
A male employee is eligible for Paternity Leave for birth of his child for upto 5 working days
Adoption Leave (AL):
i. A female employee is eligible for Adoption Leave for 1 month (inclusive of weekends & public holidays) when she legally adopts a child.
ii. Similarly, a male employee is eligible for Adoption Leave for 5 working days.
rgds
Jayson

mannat@citehr.com

Hi, Thanks a ton for your reply... Please let me know if there is any book of Shops and Establishments Act available in the market :!::!::!: Regards, Mannat
From India, New Delhi
fujiyl
I understand that Leava Calculation is based on Basic Salary. Formula as below: Basic Salary* No of day leave/30 Please correct me if wrong. Regards YL
From Singapore, Singapore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.