No Tags Found!

cnjayaanandh
Whether he has accepted the relieving order issued by you dated 02.03.2009 and in that case from the "date of joining"(01.04.2004) to "date of relieving "(02.03.2009) he has completed 4 yrs and 11 months .That way he is not eligible to receive gratuity as per the act which reads minimum of 5 years continuous service.
Hope the clarification will suffice.
C.N.Jayaanandh

From India, Madras
veggie

hi...as per the my calculation it is - 4 yrs and 11 months..not 5 yrs.
and also the law says
- if its a non-seasonal establishment 1 year means - working for less than 6 days in a wk, he is deemed to have rendered continuous svc for 1 yr or 6 mths if he actually worked for atleast 190 days in last 12 mnths or 95 days in last 6 months..(deemed to be considered continuous service)
so if this condition is satisfied...he should get Gratuity

From India, Bangalore
veggie

i think yes...if so..notice period is not an issue until u r working in that co, till last day u r an employee...so
From India, Bangalore
Karuuna

Hi,
It has been clearly stated that one needs to compelete 5 years and one needs to bear in mind the 240 days clause.Further one needs to calculate with the latest drawn salary.
Regards
Karuuna
So please go through the HR manual or the appointment and do the needful as soon as possible

From India, Mumbai
pawarPratibha
Thank you all very much for your quick reply. It is really helpful. However If you notice my original post, the question here is I am not resigning out of my own wish. I have completed 4 year 10 months and now the company is asking me to resign. In this case I am wondering If I can not refuse to resign will I get gratuity.
Thanks,
Pratibha

From India, Mumbai
Akhil.Gupta

Dear All As per the act the employee is eligible for gratuity if he/she has worked for 240 days in all the 5 years without any break in the service.
From India, Kota
nareshtr
Mr Dhoop & R N Khola are correct. If an employee completes 4 years of service and worked for 240 days in the 5th year, he is eligible for gratuity in full.
From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
sumitk.saxena

Hi Abhay,
In my openion no the employee is not eligible for payment of gartuity as because he is not completing the five years of service. Notice pay for 1 month can't be a crietaria. Secondly he has not completed 240 days in his service during his 5th year.
sumit

From India, Ghaziabad
narinder.rathore

Even if you have not completed five years, you can claim the gratuity benefits as company is laying you off. You can refer the Jan 2009 Labour Law Reporter in this regards. Narinder Rathore
From India, Surat
himanshupathak

The concern person has not completed Actual 5 years of services.
Only in case of death this clause of completion of 5 years is not applicable. In that case he is entitle for pro rata gratuity.
In the given case the employee wants to serve complete 5 yrs but as per your letter you have immediately accepted the resignation.
This action may invite one month notice pay by employer.
In one of the judgement under this scenerio the employee is entitled for gratuity.
At present you may ignore the payment of gratuity but you must pay one month notice pay to strengthen your case.
himanshu

From India, Ahmadabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.