No Tags Found!

Raj Kumar Hansdah

I am afraid, your solution does not work. The idea is not to divide the 3rd square, but the remaining white area. By doing what you suggest, we don’t get 4 equal parts of the white space.
From India, Delhi
shailesh.mann09

Very good lateral thinking puzzle that helps u to think out of box. Keep posting. Regards, Shailesh
From India, Pune
advocateahuja
Hi, Nice One. As mentioned, because of the conditioning of the mind from 1st to 3rd and 3rd not being simple, you tend to flow in the water despite the title itself saying that thinking out of the box. Like others, looking at the answer only smile came to my face.Keep on sharing. Thanks.Regards
From India, Delhi
siva61
Excellent and very powerful. This also proves that presentations need not be very long. One can speak/present less and convey more. Thank you Gayatri Sivaram
From India, Delhi
Denny Raj
Dear Gayatri, Your PPT was really a nice and simple one. The last two slides of the great Mahatma Gandhi’s ideology brought strength to your concept. Good Luck Regards, Denny Raj
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Denny Raj
Dear Gayatri, Your PPT was really a nice and simple one. The last two slides of the great Mahatma Gandhi’s ideology brought strength to your concept. Good Luck Regards, Denny Raj
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
rajani.kantlal
hi gayatri , its very nice sometime we r not able 2 see d simple thing or action which can solve our difficult problems n we search out other difficult options
From India, Ghaziabad
naveenpankaj
Hi Gayathri, Hey U have put Life’s Truest Funda in a nutshell. Well That’s something good which if understood can make people ever happy.
From India, Bangalore
Srienivas

HI Rajkumar,
My apologies. There was a mistake.Read CG instead of AH in my quote " Now join AH". Do you now agree that the white area has two equal halves,CGFB & CGHD ? Right? When you join CF & CH, you now have four equal parts of the white area, viz.,CFB,CFG,CGH & CDH.
Try it & confirm if I am right !!
Thanks.

From India, Lucknow
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Sreinivas

I tried your corrected solution too.

It simply does not work.

What it does is - divides the white space into two equal halves.

Anything beyond this produces 4 pieces which are asymetrical, un-identical and do not appear to have the same area.

Please illustrate with diagram your solution - if you think you have got it right.

Now, consider my solutions :

I have two solutions which produce four equal areas, but they are not symmetrical in shape.

(1) The first solution involves dividing the white space into three equal squares (as apparent prima facie); then divide each small square into 4 smaller squares, making total 12 smaller squares.

icking up any 3 adjacent squares (other than those used in the original solution) will give 4 shapes, each made out of 3 smallest squares .

(2) The second solution i similar, buthere you divide each small squares into 4 equal triangles -equilateral - by joining the diagonals of the smaller square.

You will get 12 small triangles, out of which you need to pick sets of 3; thus totaling 4 sets of equal triangles and hence 4 equal areas.

Remember, in both the solutions, the areas are equal but the shapes are not identical.

Regards.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.