View Poll Results: "Picture Thoughts" threads .......
Helped In Tranining Others 50 28.09%
Are Useful For Self Improvement 98 55.06%
Have Enhanced My Creativity 26 14.61%
Have No Impact On Me 4 2.25%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

nelly...
avsjai & bharathi,
thnx for sharing such nice quotes.... now its my turn..
You see things; and say, "Why", but I dream things that never are and I say "Why Not?
hope u like it :)
keep in touch
Regards

From India, Delhi
Poorni Kuttalam

Dear AVS Sir,
Your power point about Lessons from Gita for HR Managers is simply superb. This is a great training material for all HR managers to be shown in their respective offices. Kudos for your great effort Sir.

From India, Mumbai
avsjai

Hello CiteHr Friend,
My greetings to you.
I am pleased to post the “Picture Thoughts of the Day” Part-IV.
Your continuous support and feedbacks are the keys for making again this special post for you.
My attempt is to picturise the relevant words and makes these thoughts easily conceivable.

See and enjoy the ‘Picture Thoughts of the Day’ and pass it to your friends and family members.
Your feedback will be appreciated.
Have a great day.
Thanking you.
AVS.
( Enthused to share once again….)

If you have missed my previous day post, please use the below link to see now:

http://citehr.com <link updated to site home>

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt Icon In Desktop.ppt (902.5 KB, 232 views)

avsjai

Life is only traveled Once,
Today's Moment becomes Tomorrow's memory.
Enjoy every moment, good or bad,
because the Gift of Life is Life itself....................

AVS

From India, Madras
avsjai

A sales rep, an administration clerk and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out in a puff of smoke.

The Genie says, “I usually only grant three wishes, so I’ll give each of you just one.”

“Me first! Me first!” says the admin clerk “I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world.” Poof! She’s gone.

In astonishment, “Me next! Me next!” says the sales rep. “I want to be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of pina coladas and the love of my life.” Poof! He’s gone.

“OK, you’re up,” the Genie says to the manager.

The manager says, “I want those two back in the office after lunch.”

Management Lesson: Always let your boss have the first say.

************************************************** ******************************

From India, Madras
avsjai

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1EI66U8OCm4/S7MORaaoFxI/AAAAAAAAAyw/3FPLukKcXcY/s1600/1.bmp[/IMG]

In this experiment, five monkeys are put into a large cage. There’s a stool in the middle of the cage and a banana is hung from the ceiling above the stool. Outside the cage, an observer has a hose filled with ice water. It hardly needs mentioning that monkeys like bananas better than ice cold showers.

Within a few minutes, the most daring of the monkeys climbs on the stool to get the banana. This effort immediately engenders an ice cold shower for all of the monkeys. Several minutes later, another monkey tries, with the same result. The monkeys quickly learn the relationship between “get on the stool” and “an ice cold shower” and choose a way to protect themselves. As soon as one monkey even tries to go near the stool, the other four jump on him, screaming and gesticulating, to stop him before the observer gets the “signal” to spray them all with ice water.

Some time and several fights later, all the monkeys have learned the rule, and become quickly indifferent to the stool, as if it weren’t even there. The defensive tactic they had imagined becomes superfluous. The banana stays where it is, safe and sound on the ceiling. Life in the cage is organized around this new reality.

At this point in the experiment, the observer takes out one of the monkeys and replaces him with a new monkey (one that doesn’t know anything about the cold shower). The new monkey immediately climbs on the stool to get the banana, and after a moment’s hesitation, the four others jump on him. The new monkey learns a quick lesson, without any action on the part of observer. The ice cold shower is no longer necessary, and the banana rots nicely on the ceiling.

The experiment continues. Each of the original four monkeys are replaced, one after another, exactly like the first replacement. Each time, the scene repeats itself: the new one tries to climb on the stool, is jumped on by the four others, until they are sure he has learned his lesson.

The rule “no one should climb on the stool” is a lesson that new monkeys learn in this group that is specific to this group and to no other.

In the end, none of the five monkeys knows why they should not get on the stool, yet they defend the law with more vehemence than the original five. No one knows that, in fact, it was a quite effective way to avoid getting an ice cold shower. None of the new monkeys ever got the ice cold shower. They were stopped before the shower came. Even though the original reason has disappeared, the rule has become a norm for this group.

A self-perpetuating norm, kept in place by interactions, and never questioned.

AVS

From India, Madras
rakesh_pawar
Hi “Many Of Life’s Failures Are Men Who Did Not Realize How Close They Were To Success When They Gave Up”
From India, Anklesvar
P.Lakshminarayanan

* If you plant honesty, you will reap trust
* If you plant goodness, you will reap friends
* If you plant humility, you will reap greatness
* If you plant perseverance, you will reap contentment
* If you plant consideration, you will reap perspective
* If you plant hard work, you will reap success
* If you plant forgiveness, you will reap reconciliation
* If you plant faith in God, you will reap a harvest
So, be careful what you plant now; it will determine what you will reap later.
"Whatever You Give To Life, Life Gives You Back"

From India, Madras
boss2966

Good Morning and have a great day ahead Mr.AVS Eventhouh is a old one, it is interesting to read it again. Thanks for sharing Mr. AVS
From India, Kumbakonam
avsjai

A little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink? She suddenly notices that her mother has several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast to her brunette hair.
She looks at her mother and inquisitively asks, "Why are some of your hairs white, Mom?"

Her mother replied, "Well, every time that a little girl does something wrong and makes her mommy cry or makes her unhappy, one of her hairs turns white."

The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and said:
"You must have been really bad to Grandma."
AVS

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.