Aman Deora
I want to become a fluent speaker. I get scared while speaking in public . This thing would destroy me . This thing wont let me get placed anywhere . So all i want from you guys is to improve my spoken english
From India, Delhi
ACT

Hi
I urge you to check out the nearest Toastmasters Club in your city and go and attend a couple of sessions as a guest. Thereafter, if you think the setup would help you improve your communication skills join them so that it gives you the perfect setup to practice, improve and develop your Public Speaking Skills.
Best Wishes

From India, Mumbai
anu_1259

Dear Aman

You may not believe but some of the great trainers, presenters and motivators are nervous on the stage. But they somehow overcome it because they have the knowledge and when they start their speech or lecture or presentation, they think of nothing but their content. Speaking in public may be difficult for some. So, be assured that you are not the only one. But at the same time, you would definitely need to overcome it for your personal and professional success.

You can attend some good communication skills workshop, read good books, watch programs and communicate with yourself in the language.

To improve your public speaking, try the following: (In english)

1. You can talk to a mirror (it would look funny, but still if you can talk to yourself, you can talk to the world). Try to smile when you are talking.

2. When you are alone in a room, talk to the things in the room (like chair, table, clock) try to imagine you are talking to a group. Make eye contact (at least try to)

3. How do you talk to your friends, family,? try to analyze. whether you are shy talking to any one of them. If yes, take some time out and try to have a long chat with them. Your family and friends are not going to judge you. If no

4. then try to talk to a stranger. (don't stalk them)

5. Write a poem or a paragraph or a self introduction and read it aloud.

6. You can also try to meditate for just 10 minutes with something positive message and repeat it.

Remember, when you talk to others, your voice should be clear and you should be confident of what you are speaking. You can say only a few lines, but if they are meaningful, then it is going to make a difference.

Hope these will help you. But only if you want to help yourself.

Regards

From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar