anu dhir
Dear Kalpana,
I experienced the same last year. My boss did not gie me my pay cheque forget abt the reference letter. I had to do the rounds of the office n haunt him to get my hard earned money. Guess you should be prepared for the same......Don't worry about the reference too much...if its no problem for the reatil company then you have nothing to worry about.....just take the plunge
Best of luck

kamal.hrd

Kalpana,
Such type of cases happen in day to day affairs. Relax and convince your future co. that if they want you to jion 'em in few days they can't expect an experience letter from your end. Put ur papers as soon as possible to avoid any sought of confusion that comes in this period.
Cheers,
Kamal

From India, New Delhi
satya_vrata
Hi Kalpana,
Follow the following chart-
1. Decide logicaly( or say 'prioritize), what you want to do.
2. Talk to the retail company, offering you the opportunity about the problem (not that your boss shall hold grudge and etc.), professionaly.
3. Explore the possibility of getting some kind of an experience proof (Project docs, assignments given, client references, visiting card, salary slip, appointment letter etc.)
4. If you get, well, if you dont, leave the company, and take up the new opportunity
Remember- Letter wont count if you have conviction, integrity and honesty about what you are doing is good and genuine.

Dont overthink.

Cheers
Satyabrata Tripathy

From India, New Delhi
srinivasrao
Hi Kalpana, i agree with all of them, its ur career u need to take right decision at right time ,do it. All the best. Regards, Rao.
From India, Davangere
ramvempati

Kalpana by the time I have posted this reply by the Amighty's grace ur problem should have got solved.

While going through some views posted I got to see some opnions like not be an employed in two organisations. I am sorry 2 sat that I totally disagree with them. coz its a chance that doesnot iterate to all the employees. No one can justify or can come to a conclusion wether the new joining firm. And that too for a Hr in particular.

As I already told u in my early reply U can defnitely convince the existing HR in the offered compnay regarding your relieving letter. And please dont think about future in a dooms and panic way with regard to the existing company's service certificate to be shown.

Why I am at so length in my reply is that U need not worry abt the relieving that it happens to many employees that that they cant get their releivig and final settlement the day they have resigned and even after serving notice period.

Work there for five days do know abt the new company by observing everything in the five days and make a SWOT analysis of the new and the existing company and give away ur resignation with out fear and dont let know ur new company to any one even to ur well known and best friend(s) in the current company till ur joined there.

U can serve the notice period and there will be no problem if u say that have resigned from the srevices and make this known to every one whre u can good a supprot from the otheer employees if any problem arises during ur releiving.

Take care and just be brave, everything will be alright.

Just to cheer U up....

This is not at all a big problrm than riding a bike in the Hyderabad traffic.

All The Best!!!!!!!!!

Regards

RAM
99 66 55 34 72.

Hrishi

Hi Kalpana,
Someone rightly said, " love your job but not your company". Just dont make ur current boss or the new company realise that u desperately need it. Negotiate with ur boss and ur new company regarding exp letter and you will get clarity on these issues.

From India, Mumbai
riank

hi kalpna,
one thing i want u to know that, no company can dedny you from your right of experience letter. 1st of all does your boss know that you would be or you are leaving the company. if yes ill suggest you first complete the notice period. and if no you can give him sood good reason for not company for 5 days. at max he would deduct your salary but cant deny you from experience letter.

From India, Pune
nalini.dhamdhere
Hi Kalpana,
According to me you should clearly inform about the leaving the company and tell him that i got a better opportunity and for that ia whyi am leaving. IT was good working with you Thanks .
Do the proper Handover and then go.
Even you will be Happy and relaxed for forever.
Nalini

From India, Pune
karthikmr
Hi Kalpana,

I guess many of us have faced this kind of situation in our career. Though we key in some inputs here, it is you who take the final call.

My points are --- Just to begin I am not emotionally attached with any Orgn

1. Be prompt and ensure good relationship with your existing or Previous employers
2. Serve your Notice period and then Demand or Wait for your letters
( I am sure every Orgn understands their employees careers/ growth and will have some deviations in the Notice period)
3. Think, you wouldn't have got this new offer with out your experience in P.CO. So be a thoughtful person and whatever it's be thankful to your boss or Co. who made you to learn new things / made you as a skilled resource

4. Suppose you join your new orgn at a very short notice and what's the stability you can ensure to your new co. If same opportunity comes in your near future you might also leave them at a short notice / not serving Notice Period.

Think about this and make a wise decision.

From India, Bangalore
subhash.krsinha

Hi KT,
It is rightly expressed that you need not worry about Exp. Cert. Appraise the new firm about your enability to submit this, the other documents viz. offer letter/salary slip/PF slip etc will serve the purpose. This will not be considered hinderance in your joining.
Join the new firm & show your performance.
Regards,
S K Sinha

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.