No Tags Found!

vreddy_vhr

Dear
your company tie-up with a Doctor ? if not then Tie-up with a senior doctor, then ask your employees to consult with this doctor only , if really he is a sick then he can avail sick leave, if sick leave is over you might be deduct EL/VL leave also after that you can make it LOSS OF PAY till he gets FIT for JOB, so that you can have control. before doing this please consult with your higher officials and proceed.
All the best !!!
Venkatesh.V

From India, Hyderabad
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Hi Rasel

Are you there ? No response from your side as yet.

Could you tell us a few basic facts :

1. How many employees you have?

This is to arrive at the percentage of employees falling sick. If only 2 employees fall sick every month and your head count is say, 500 or more; then it is normal.

2. What kind of Leave Policy do you have ?

You have mentioned, "2 month ago one employee was sick and we allow him long the sick leave and gave full salary."

Why was that ?

Did the employee had that much Leave to his credit, or you gave him full salary on 'compassionate' ground ?

3. Before this incident, how many employees used to fall sick every month ?

Unless we have answers to these and some more data, I am afraid, you may not be able to get an appropriate solution.

4. In case you intend to tie-up with a few doctors, do ensure that they take house-calls too; as a patient undergoing acute discomfort may not be able to visit a doctor's clinic.

Secondly, what about hospital stay ? Will your empanelled doctor visit your employee in the Hospital, to certify/ensure that he is really sick ??

5. I think the best solution is, considering we lay so much emphasis on ethics, to inculcate a culture of trust.

Please explore why do they need to furnish false medical certificate ?

What is there in your policy, that makes them do it ?

Regards.

From India, Delhi
Ravish.
I know one company that provides help for employee safety on road, and on how to prevent road accident May be you chekc it, VXL consultants
From India, Delhi
Hitesh Kambli

I fully agree with Sunita and Alwar - I have implementaed few things in my company: Sick Leaves to be carried forward with a cap accumulation; i.e max. upto 4 yrs and incentives to employees who do not take any sick leaves each year; i.e. gift vouchers of Rs.1000/-.
HCK:)

From India, Mumbai
Hitesh Kambli

I fully agree with Sunita and Alwar - I have implementaed few things in my company: Sick Leaves to be carried forward with a cap accumulation; i.e max. upto 4 yrs and incentives to employees who do not take any sick leaves each year; i.e. gift vouchers of Rs.1000/-.
HCK

From India, Mumbai
ukmitra

Dear AnonymousA,
Every person by choice can take treatment where he/she feels to. NOBODY on this earth can force anyone to take treatment from their/company choice. This will impore a force tactices will be challenged in court of law with severe action on the company if anything goes wrong with staff, god forbidden.
However, in governement organisations like BARC/Railways, who provide free treatment to employees, the paid SL is approved only when the same approved by their inhouse doctors. But staff has the option to get treatment whereever they want to to take care of themselves.
Besides, all Authorised doc praciting in India with practicing certificate are authorised to issue a medical certificate to patient, and no one but the court of law has the right to challenge it.
So, ideal solution, in good faith allow the paid leave to staff, if they provide with proper medical certificate. Simple.
Regards
Ukmitra

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
nsirdesai
You must be having Company physician / Medical Officer for getting the pre employment check ups / Annual check ups, then produce all certificates which you feel are not genuine and ask the Dr. to check the employee. If you do not have Company medical Officer, then get his / her medical check up done from Govt hospitals / Civil sergon so that you have a proof and souynd case for termination of his / her employment. Pl conduct domestic enquiry before terminating the particular employees as from the above message I am not clear whether he / she falls in the category of workman under ID. Act
regards,
N S SIRDESAI

Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear AnonymousA
I find somebody talking sense and practicality.
agree with your point :
Why have you given the provision of Sick leaves ??
If there is a provision, how can you deny ? Or, feel suspicious if employees are using this Leave provision.
Two employees falling sick in a month is common. (I guess they are sick for 3 to 4 days). A few employees may misuse this facility by getting Medical Certificate, which need not be fake.
Look at the health data - everyday we read the percentages of obesity, diabetes, hypertension etc on the increase among younger population.
A doctor can even prescribe "rest", which unfortunately many employees do need - in this high pressure, fast paced work atmosphere.
I suggest you take some medical leave to relax and renew yourself. Believe me. It would be good for you, your family, your office.
Regards.

From India, Delhi
jeeni

Dear,
Regarding leaves you have to put strict controls on it and you have to check the company ploicy.
You can frame the policy in light of shop and establishment act in which you can bifurcate leaves accordingly.
For sick leaves only accept the same after the approval of a competent doctor( Which you can hire as welfare measure also).
Sanction only particular no. of sick leaves and beyond which every leave as Leave without pay.
The only thing that requires is strict controls.
Regards
Ranjeet

From India, New Delhi
p ramachandran

Dear friend,
Please arrange for a doctor with nominal fee on behalf of company and get general chek up for all employees. Further arrange or ask the employees to get thorough chekup for the employees who really have problem as found in the general chek up.
THIS WILL HELP BOTH MANAGEMENT AND EMPLOYEE ALSO WILL CREAT CORDIAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN EMPLOYEE AND EMPLOYER.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.