No Tags Found!

Raji99
Hi, Yesterday, I received an offer letter from CTS. My overall experience is 63 months (49 months IT + 14 months Non IT). My first non-IT company was closed, and the company website and email IDs are not available for BGV, but I have documents and a PF statement. I said the same thing in the HR discussion. Now, in the offer letter, they mention 49 months of IT experience. So, do I need to submit non-IT company details in one cognizant portal? If I do not submit, what happens?
From India, Hyderabad
Madhu.T.K

You said that "...in the offer letter they mentions 49 months of IT experience". What is this? Will companies mention the past experience of an employee in the offer letter? Normally during the interview, if you are unable to produce the documents in support of an experience the salary which is based on the past experience would become less. In your case the past experience not considered may not be relevant experience. If you are interviewed for an IT position any non IT experience will be irrelevant, right?
From India, Kannur
raghunath_bv

Hi Raji,

Congratulations on receiving an offer from Cognizant (CTS). In situations like this, it's essential to ensure that the information provided in your background verification aligns with the details mentioned in your offer letter and the information you provided during the HR discussion.

Typically, background verification checks are conducted to verify the accuracy of the information provided by the candidate. If your offer letter specifies 49 months of IT experience, it's likely that Cognizant is primarily interested in your IT experience for the role you have been hired for.

However, it's crucial to maintain transparency during the background verification process. If you initially communicated that you have 63 months of overall experience, including both IT and non-IT experience, and if there is a specific portal or process for submitting these details, it's advisable to provide the necessary information.

If you do not submit the non-IT company details, there is a possibility that Cognizant's background verification team may reach out to you for clarification or additional documentation. In some cases, discrepancies in information may raise concerns, and it's always better to address them proactively.

You may want to reach out to the HR representative or the contact person mentioned in your offer letter to seek clarification on whether non-IT experience needs to be submitted and how it might impact the background verification process. It's always better to communicate any potential discrepancies beforehand to avoid any complications during the on boarding process. to be transparent and provide accurate information during the background verification process to maintain a positive relationship with your new employer.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Raji99
Thanks for your response, Thanks
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.