View Poll Results: HR Personnel view on this:
Yes I Agree, and recommend the job portal to add this feature. 143 67.45%
No, this will only spoil his future. 69 32.55%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

leemamary@gmail.com

Hi,
This is quite common in all places they are few candidates who is really looking for change .You need to find out such candidates for your openings where you need to judge and do lot of analysis before taking him for interview.
They are more candidates will do window shopping after getting the offer letter.I might have faced lot of issues in this case.I will call them and follow up find out a reason they will say many lies. Try to convince them and they are few will have attitude issue.
IT companies have to bring cetain norms this becomes quite common now and the time where the recruiters spend will be waste when the candidate didnt join.
in US this will be follwed very strictly with the comapnies.They will put them in blacklist.

From India, Madras
blpram
Folks,
It is imperative to note that at the end of the day each one of us (candidate & recruiter) are trying to do the best and in the process trying to get the best of what is available on hand. I am speaking this with a mileage of over 10years in the IT field.
Let’s say a brilliant candidate pips you for another job and you are frustrated? I empathize with your frustration. But do you realize that the candidate has put on stake his career while the recruiter has spent some money/time with the candidate? Also, a point emerges, that some other recruiter has done a better job in attracting the candidate you looked at, is it not?
I agree that a few candidates play around and that is a very lesser ratio in the larger scheme of things. May be the set you worked with last was a horrible set of candidates.
Anyways, bottom line the candidate’s career is at stake and respect the decision of your customer?@!
Folks, the recruitment agency have to face with two customers (candidate & resource seeking company).
Patience is the name of the game. Try, to get innovative in finding out the likelihood of candidate picking your offer. The chances of you needing the candidate are more than the candidate needing you. Develop a positive relationship with the candidate, who knows tomorrow he who dumped your offer today, might become your cash-cow.
Thanks
Ram

Jain_Sarath

Dear Naveen,

Its a nice topic and once in a while sitting abroad I have also had to come through this on occasions. But the matter of fact remains the same. The process I see in the recruiting is a step by step confirmation.

Initially HR gets a request for requirement of a new employee from the concerned department head, which is then put up by the HR to its wings of publicity. Shortlisting happens and the first round of interviews start with the concerned department team lead or the head interviewing the candidate. Again shortlisting happens and the technical side of the successful candidate is put to test to make sure, he/she knows what they claim to know. The third round happens after the final shortlisting with HR.

So basically you have enough time to measure the candidate to see if he/she would be interested in joining you. Cos for each steps the candidate acknowledges, and I would say its a 1 in 100 that the candidate would not show up for the last and final rounds of the interview. The reasons could be they have a better offer in hand and that cannot be matched by you, or they have a better environment to work with than what you offer, or could be just a vague cause.

Like they have another options/ we also have ours. If you ask me, I dont do call any candidate more than a couple of time to the maximum if they aint responding. One of the luxuries we might not have always is time. So I believe, we should go ahead with other options.

I know there is a cost involved in this whole process as time spent is money invested. But then again, this is not happening to us in our daily life. And also, the job is more costly to the candidate than the candidate is for us, as no company would exist seeing that this certain candidate would be hired and he will do good. Screw ups can happen, but you can always see the bright side through the tunnel.

Cheers
Jain

From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
thajudeen

This is happened with candidate who are not ready to move for North to south after getting the offer. So it is recruiter job to check clearly why he wants to relocate any strong reasons are there.
From India, Bangalore
c2_sharad

Hi All,
It is serious issue. Instead of just telling Naveen not to get fustrated & candidate must be having problem. Just try out some solutions like.
1) Ask him for accepted resignation letter copy ( so that we can ensure he intends to join).
2) Instead of just finalising immediately one cnadidate who is fit for the job. Interview some more & put 1 or 2 candidates on hold so that if he back out then we can give the offer to those candidate. So that project / assignement will not be affected.

From India, Mumbai
chakri_vc
Hi!
I don't agreee on this, a lot many things are there which a candidate might think before joining an organisation, so i feel we as recruiters must not compel them to accept our choice, yeah we are doing our best, but we must leave the choice to the candidate. and we should not put their remarks on portals, it will have negative impact on their career profile. hence lets do our jobs and leave the rest on candidate, if he joins us ok, does not also ok. this is the policy adopted by many international agencies. i think indian's too has to be like this.
Regards
chakri

From India, Hyderabad
AKHILAA.S

Hi Everyone, Please help me in getting resumes for our company requirements, Ours is a small company where we cannot pay to get candidates. Any other better way to get candidates. Please inform me.
From India, Bangalore
Sridhar babu
Naveen,

By this time you shoud have got experoenced enough to judge who has got the inclination to join and people who just have fun with the recruiters.

Is it not life the same way in other industries also.

Prior to coming to HR I had a stint of marketing experience , selling computers. when my company participated in road shows , trade fairs etc way back in 1994- 95. There used to be atleast 20000 people coming in for the shows in 3 days. Imagine talking to at least a 1000 peoiple for 3 days and end up selling only 5 or ten computers. The rest of the people come only to learn about pC,s to argue , debate and do every thing else but buy.

After 2 years of such nonsense we stopped participating as we were wasting our time and money.

So no point in feeling frustrated , develop methods to overcome the problems. If portals were suppossed to post recruiter comments , then slowly the candidates will stop posting the resumes so problem will not get solved for you.

Think you will be able to solve the issues

good luck

Sridhar

From India, Madras
sapna.gadgi@yahoo.com
Hi, It is good that you have raised this issue,Even i feel the same and the job portals should pay some attention towards this problem. Regards Sapna
From India, Bangalore
ragasandhya@myway.com
Hi,
I would say i am neutral about this topic.
The fault lies with both of us... I mean with a recruiter as well as with a candidate.We never call the candidates back to let them know the status of their profiles... and in the same way they never answer our calls to let us know their cup of tea is different.
There may be times, even if we are streamlined in the process of communicating the information to candidates still there are ditches. We can't just analyze a candidate just because he/she didn't accept our offer.
It's not fair to mark a candidate unethical on his profile, it smells very badly when a recruiter marks that.
Regards
Raga Sandhya.M

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.