No Tags Found!

saurabh-kumar3447241
I joined a company one month ago and am on probation for three months. Now, I have an MBA admission offer and will be taking that up in late June. I need to resign, but I am unsure about the timing. The Official Notice Period is two months.
I don't want to resign immediately because if they relieve me within 2 weeks (I don't own any process and am on probation anyway), I will lose the earning potential of May. But the flip side is that if I place my resignation in May start and they ask me to serve the entire 2 months' notice, I will need to buyback or stretch a bit.

Any suggestions? Also, do you have any idea about the average notice period during Probation in the Bengaluru Startup scene?

From India, Bengaluru
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, You need to check your Appointment terms on separation.
From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

You cannot have both, if you want to leave the company, then leave immediately. If the appointment order says that the notice period is two months, give notice right now and get relieved in May end or June. If they can relieve you in two weeks, get relieved in two weeks. Anyway, you have decided to go. You are not going to work with heart. Then it is good you leave at the earliest. If your apprehension is about the salary that you may lose, I would say that it would be the cheapest thing that an employee can do!!
From India, Kannur
saurabh-kumar3447241
Madhu T K , I will suggest just answer the question instead of commenting whether it is cheap or expensive. People work for money, not charity and I will make sure to make most amount of money possible.
You know what's cheaper? Mass firings, bad appraisals, etc., that all companies do. It about maximising the returns and nothing else.
So answer the question if you can or shut up.

From India, Bengaluru
Madhu.T.K

Good. That was expected because I could sense that you would answer like that only. Your very title of the thread, Do You Have Any Idea.....itself shows your attitude. Anyway, all the best for your higher studies. During your journey ahead, somewhere you may need people like me. You have joined CiteHr only yesterday but I have been in this system for the last so many years. This is a forum not just to giver answers to your questions but to advise, mentor and guide also.
From India, Kannur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

CiteHR is a good platform to seek advice, share knowledge, discuss industry trends, learn from Seniors. It is not a paid service. When some Seniors are sparing their valuable time to respond to your question you are supposed to maintain a respectful and professional tone in your response.

From India, Madras
aussiejohn

Saurabh-Kumar3447241

Please abide by our rules and keep your conduct professional, polite and helpful.

Rudeness such as your post in reply to Madhu T K will not be tolerated and I will remove any further posts if you persist.

You were given advice as to what you should do. If you do not agree with that advice, that is your choice, but do not insult the members who use their collective wisdom and experience to help answer questions such as yours.

From Australia, Melbourne
saurabh-kumar3447241
Folks, please read Madhu's reply as well. She's the one who started passing judgement by calling cheap n all, without even answering the question, which was unnecessary. I just did a necessary followup in politest manner possible.
If by being professional, I am supposed to be a pushover, then all of you can also shut up🤣.
This community did all judgements and disciplining, but wouldn't answer the basic question lol.

From India, Bengaluru
loginmiraclelogistics

I was teaching in a P.G.college for Management & Commerce as Asso.Professor. Classes I handled include MBA & M.Com.I have come across a few students behaving differently though many well behaved with Professors & staff. It's unfortunate to have people, few youth in our society like Saurabh. As all may know, this forum consists of experts in various fields who have done exemplary service to the up and coming youngsters seeking knowledge, wisdom, suggestions/advices, by sharing acquired in depth knowledge & experiences at different situations voluntarily devouting valuable time and efforts. The "Disclaimer" always tagged on to every post. Many, obviously like to see members giving suggestions & advices as "they like/want" which may not be the case in reality/feasibility. When anything different is posted normal human tendency is to reconcile to the situation and act according to the chosen options. After all members are not seekers' employers and thus cannot give judgments & solutions. Whatever posted It shall remain as suggestions & options. I don't see anything offensive in describing few things in a way best understood. That's normal humane.
From India, Bangalore
Madhu.T.K

@ Saurabh-Kumar3447241, I think you have not read the first part of my answer to his query. That clearly says that you can leave with a notice of two months. If the management decides to relieve you earlier than two months, as you said that they can relieve in two weeks, you should accept it. And if you want that you should be paid for two months, it is not possible because you are on probation. Lakshmi Narayanan has asked you to refer to the appointment order, but you did not respond to it.

I am against the practice of asking an employee to serve notice period. That also two months and three months. In various posts, I had advised that under Labour Law there is no provision which makes an employee liable to serve notice though the employer has to give it if he wants to terminate the contract of employment. Moreover, during probation period, the question of notice should not arise because during probation either party should have the freedom to sever the contract of employment without notice and without assigning any reason thereof. But in your case I did not advise so because your intention was wrong. If you were genuine, you would have put the paper and get relieved in two weeks also. That was why I used the word "cheap". If I had used it in my first reply itself, ie, before you asked me to shut up, you can imagine how properly did I study you from your first post itself. Mr Saurabh Kumar, I am 64, and I have seen persons like you for more than three decades, and the judgement that have made about a candidate/ employee has never gone wrong.

Being a Super Moderator of this webforum, I can delete your post. But I will not do so because we need responses of persons like you so that we can study a lot. I am basically portrayed as a person who always reply from the employees' side. I have already helped a lot of employees who met me from this forum without accepting even a single amount as fees. I know, in your career path also you may require my help because they way in which you behave shows that you will be a headache for the management. Therefore, I wish to keep in touch with you. I wish to see your career after your Masters in Business Administration. As Prof S Kumar has said it is really unfortunate to have people like you in this society. Once again, let me wish you all the best.

One more thing, please don't present me as "she" because I am not a lady but a gentleman. If you get time, please go through my profile also.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

This discussion thread is old and is closed for new comments. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post a new thread. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.