No Tags Found!

vini926

Hi,
I am working as HR in a Manufacturing company, i would like know and adapt Industrial Relations experience.
Kindly brief what will be the responsibilities under Industrial Relations.
Thanks & Regards,
Vinay

From India, Bangalore
saiconsult

In an industry, the employers and the employees have certain rights and obligations and these rights and obligations go to constitute the employer-employee relations.The way each party wants to exercise it's rights and discharges it's obligations will affect this employer-employee relations.The employer demands more productivity and the employees seek better conditions of service and the chief factors that affect the employer-employee relations are :

1) Productivity 2) wages) 3) working hours 4) employee welfare 5) incentives 5) discipline 6) Terminations 7) compliance with statutory obligations, prescribed for the welfare of the employees.

It is to be ensured that these factors shall not lead to disputes and affect the employer-employee relations to the detriment of the interest of the other party and that the relations are always harmonized .Therefore, various means as described below ,are devised to maintain harmony in the employer-employee relations.Some of these means are supported by the statute,while others structured internally.

1)Grievance settlement machinery

2) Collective bargaining to discuss charter of demands of the trade union and negotiate with them on the issues.

3) Settlements/ agreements to set at rest any difference or dispute

4) Disciplinary mechanism to ensure fairness to delinquent employees.

5)Conciliation- to involve government in settlement of disputes.as provided under I.D Act

6) Adjudication - of disputes through labor courts, if conciliation failed to resolve any dispute as provided under I.D Act.

7) Liasioning with government.

Thus, apart from the employer and the employee, the government is also vested with the responsibility to ensure that the employees are getting what is due under the various labour statutes through inspection and scrutiny of the employer.

Thus the whole responsibility of ensuring harmonious relations between the employer and the employee through various means/ mechanisms as stated above falls under the function of industrial relations.

Hope this helps

B.Saikumar

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.