No Tags Found!

gaurir

Dear All
I need advice form All veteran here.
Our organization has aroun 230 people and we want to bring more people on payroll , but don't want to start a canteen . Is there any option available , to have more than 250 employees on roll without canteen
plz relpy
Gauri

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

As per Factories Act you are expected to have canteen for providing subsidised food to workers if you have at least 250 employees either directly or through contractors. However, just by employing 250 employees your establishment may not set up a canteen but the obligation of having a statutory canteen will come only after the state government declares by separate notification that your establishment should have a canteen as prescribed under the Act. Moreover, just to avoid a canteen should you reduce manpower required? Think of it.
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
gaurir

Thanks Madhu
But can you please explain in what conditions state government declares by separate notification that any establishment should have a canteen?
so untill one gets this can a comapny run without canteen even with 250 employees

From India, Mumbai
gaurir

Dear seniors
Is iot that nobody here knows about factories act???
can anybody tell me for canteen both staff and worker are counted or anly workers are counted as 250?
Any response would be appreciated

From India, Mumbai
tajsateesh

Hello Gauri,
Why don't you respond to Madhu's comment--just to avoid a canteen should you reduce manpower required?
Others could respond more appropriately if you give the FULL & COMPLETE details.
Frankly, prima facie, it's very natural, logical & fair/ethical to provide canteen facilities when there are so many employees -250 is just a figure that the Govt puts on to define it]. Then why does your company want to avoid such a legitimate & fair facility for the sake of the employees?
It does look like the advice of this Forum members has every chance of being misused. The very fact that, despite Madhu's remarks, you have asked: "so untill one gets this can a company run without canteen even with 250 employees" leads one to believe it's so. If my reading is wrong, pl let me know with the 'why' of it.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
sidman05

Dear TS,
I appreciate your reply. Gauri, when you are aware about law then why you are waiting for some one to instruct you to enfore the same. Please never bend the rules or find loop holes to escape law. You have 250 Strength then defenitely go for Canteen Options, find in the market there are lots of Providers,
Have a survey with you employees, fix the menu and price with the Employee's representative and go ahead. If you dogde the law it will strike you back with 1000 time more power. Our Senior has clearely mentioned that the Strenght should be 250 that means collectively and please do not post such type of question..
Is iot that nobody here knows about factories act???
it seems to be a rude reply so maintain decency and respect all the members.
Regards,
SIDMAN

From India, Madras
gaurir

Dear Sidman
thanks for your reply
you are right , but to initiate anything expenses has to be considered and in my opinion HR represents both employer and employee
then you have to find a way to help employees . And that is my only intention to ask this question .
If anybody finds it rude here I am sorry about it .

From India, Mumbai
gaurir

Dear TS
thanks for your reply
but you should not think that advices here can be misused.because you can get advices from your consultants also while they are paid for it but I am trying to find a midway . so asked this question and we are also thinking about providing food subsidy if it can replace canteen
so we are natural, logical & fair/ethical .
I asked it beacuse if you go through factory law you see a statement if your comapny has 250 employees and any app govt by notification tells you to do so ................
that is why even after madhur's answer I asked it again .
Things should not be misinterpreted.
don't know why people in HR always think negative

From India, Mumbai
tajsateesh

Hello Gauri,
I can understand your concern/feeling.
But look at the inputs you gave so far this way: had you mentioned about the possibility of food subsidy right in the beginning, do you think me or anyone would even think whether the query was genuine or not? Like they say; if you want the right answer, one has to ask the right question-which also includes/means the full inputs.
And pl don't think that advice/suggestions CAN'T be misused. Anything can be used or misused--it all depends on the individual implementing the advice.There are quite a few who do--and unfortunately the pattern of such people asking also gives half-baked inputs when asking for advice--which is why my thinking went in that direction for your query.
Hope that clarifies the point.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
capable

Dear Gauri IR,
It seems, you are a bit in dilemma to go about the canteen?
Can you tell me, if you have a restroom facility at your end.
The canteen can replace this too.
There are lots of clauses, ins and outs of all the Acts, we should not look at escaping or finding loopholes. It is better to run a better business it is better to abide by it. As such, in our country, if you look at these acts, they are really at a greater relax for the employers, compared to other countries.
However, lets pump in fair employee practices.
Thanks and regards,
KM

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.