chitra.sharma

I had been to an interview where i was asked wht do you look for in a person when you take interview. Dressing (wearing formal cloths or not) was one of my answer i gave.
My interviewer was wearing jeans n t-shirt so he asked me that if i am wearing these cloths u think i shouldnot be taking the interviews.
Now frnd can you help me to find a proper answer for
1. Who do you look for in a person during interview? and
2. For wht my interviewer asked that whether these causal clothes i shouldnnot be taking the interview.
Thanks
Chitra Sharma

From India, Mumbai
sahalarnekar
Dear Chitra,
Your reply should have been that it depends upon the company culture. Some companies prescribe smart casuals and whereas others will be having Uniforms. There are companies having dress code as Jeans and T-shirts. Your reply should be after assesing the circumstances.
Sarvesh

From United States, Orland Park
dhannyawilson

Dear Chitra,
It is a fact that to be formally dressed is the best in any interview situation.If the company culture allows causal dress you can switch to it later.
But your interview question was "wht do you look for in a person when you take interview".It is easy to speak after the incidence,but you could have answered by telling communication skills,knowledge base,interpersonal skills,match to organisation,and stopped it at that than mentioning formal dress since the interviewer is wearing casuals.
Regards
Dhannya

From India, Alappuzha
Amith R Murthy

Dear Chitra,
I think its all upto us how me manage to reply to the question put forward by the interviewer and both of our friends have given you some ideas about this already. Always assess the situation and answer accordingly. More over when it comes to dress code we really dont have any particular code in general. It varies from company to company. Hope you have got some idea now...........
Regards
Amith R.

From India, Bangalore
spectra.sai
Dear chatra,

I think this link would help you the best How to Dress for an Interview

From India, Bangalore
Lovebird143

ur interviewer was telling crap and timepassing,, complain against his behaviour to the CEO of company, as he is asking foolish questions non related to interview. nothing more to discuss on this
From India, Pune
purohitravindrarc

Dear Chitra, The best answer could be that, "we are speaking in context of Interviewee and not interviewer so my answer was formal dressing for interviewee to whom i interview" Regards Ravindra R
From India, Mumbai
knowHR
The common practice is to be dressed formal for an interview.It is more important for the interviewer to be in formals as this would help in sending the right message to the candidate as well as set up the right atmosphere for the proceedings.Else the company/firm should have mentioned the dress code as informal.
From China
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.