agni-shukla
I have been working for one company since May 2023. In between, one of my colleagues asked me for freelance work. I had a good network, so I helped him get the freelance work. But he failed to deliver it completely, so the client did not pay. He left the organization. Soon after leaving the organization, he complained that I was doing parallel work (which is not true).
After that, on 19th September 2023, HR, the Business Head, harassed me so much and forced me to resign. Now, they are not releasing my FNF. When I asked, they said they would take a decision on my misconduct. Please guide me on my rights. I was in a senior position.

From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Agni Shukla,

It is difficult to believe that you were asked to resign merely because of a colleague's accusation. Did the company conduct a domestic enquiry to investigate whether you did moonlighting?

In any case, now more than six months passed since you resigned. Whether the resignation was voluntary or under duress, the company should have paid you your salary until the last working day. You are eligible to get it.

Send a hard copy of a letter to the MD of the company, by Speed Post with acknowledgement due, requesting the release of your salary. Do not send an email. While writing the letter, focus solely on the release of your salary and avoid discussing the injustice done to you by the Business Head.

How many subordinates reported to you in that company? If none, and if your application does not yield a favourable outcome, we will advise you on further steps.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
agni-shukla
Hi , I sent the letter and asked the questions, also mentioned them to reply to my letter. But they havnt replied yet. Now what to do.
From India, Delhi
Madhu.T.K

It should not be at the time of settling the dues of a resigned employee that the HR should initiate disciplinary action for doing a business of profit while being employed in the company, but they should have doe it before you were relieved. Therefore, you should include it also in the letter to MD as suggested by Dinesh Divekar.
From India, Kannur
raghunath_bv

Dear Agni Shukla,
'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're facing. It sounds like a challenging situation. First and foremost, it's important to know your rights and options.

Review your employment contract:
Look through your employment contract to understand the terms of termination, any clauses related to misconduct, and your rights regarding final settlement.

Consult a lawyer:
If you feel you've been unfairly treated or if there's any ambiguity in your rights, it's advisable to consult with a lawyer who specializes in employment law. They can provide you with specific legal advice tailored to your situation and jurisdiction.

Document everything
: Keep records of any communication or incidents related to your employment, including emails, messages, and notes from meetings. This documentation can be crucial if you need to provide evidence to support your case.

Request clarification from HR:
If they've accused you of misconduct, ask for specific details and evidence supporting their claim. It's important to understand the basis of their decision and to have an opportunity to respond.

Negotiate with your employer:
Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to negotiate a resolution with your employer, such as receiving your final settlement without admission of wrongdoing or reaching a mutually agreeable solution.

Consider alternative dispute resolution:
If negotiations with your employer are unsuccessful, you may explore alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation or arbitration, to resolve the issue outside of court.

File a complaint:
If you believe you've been unfairly treated or discriminated against, you may have grounds to file a complaint with relevant authorities, such as a labour board or human rights commission, depending on the nature of the misconduct and your jurisdiction.

In order to prioritize your well-being throughout this process and seek support from friends, family, or professional counselors if needed. Dealing with employment disputes can be stressful, but with the right approach and support, you can navigate this challenging situation.

Thanks.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.