No Tags Found!

Aryan989966
My name is Aryan, I recently joined a customer service role at a company,, while on the training period of seven days, I had told to my trainer that my laptop HDD drive got damaged and I have to leave the company because I am on the training period, Few days after they give me the full and final settlement,, that I have to pay around eight thousand rupees to them as a full and final settlement,, please if possible help me with this I haven't received a single amount from them, and I will have to pay that amount even they acquired me on a monthly salary of just twelve thousand rupees.

I am asking the lawyers if anyone can help me with this.

The company said that it's their rule that anyone who does not serve the notice period has to pay this amount, but why do I have to pay if I am on a training period?
Now they are threatening me to pay the amount. Otherwise, they will file a case against me.
Please, any lawyer who will give me the reply as soon as possible.
That what I have to do, Do I have to pay or do I have the rights not to pay this amount?

From India, Delhi
Aryan989966
I already told them the queries but they do not help me with this and they will file a case on me.
From India, Delhi
Harpreet Mohal

Dear Mr. Aryan,

Please refer to your Appointment/Training Letter. If any clause related to notice period during training/probation period is mentioned in it, then the company can charge. But usually, Notice Period is not applicable during Training or Probation period. Where as a case is concerned, on what grounds they can file a case, if, you have returned all the assets of the company back.

From India, Chandigarh
Aryan989966
I have already return all the assests to the company .
From India, Delhi
Harpreet Mohal

Dear Mr. Aryan,

You are safe, no need to worry. Please go through your appointment letter also, If any clause mentioned in it for recovery of short notice pay during training/probation period is there. Then you will be liable to pay as you have already accepted the letter of Training/Appointment before joining. If in any case the clause is silent related to recovery during short notice, then also you are safe.

If they want to recover the cost of Hard Disk Drive (HDD) then you might be liable to pay, for any physical damage to the company asset.

From India, Chandigarh
Madhu.T.K

Aryan, you just ignore the demand from the company. You should not pay a single pie to the company because of two basic reasons;.

1. A customer service executive is a workman under Industrial Disputes Act
2. A workman is not bound to give notice nor pay any compensation /salary in lieu of notice if he wants to quit the employment.

Therefore, even if there is a mention about notice period and payment in lieu of notice, the same will not be maintainable. Therefore, just ignore the mail or reply saying that:

"I was appointed as a customer care executive. The role does not involve any supervisory functions nor did anybody report to me. As such, I was a workman under the provisions of Industrial Disputes Act 1947. Under ID Act there is no provision that a workman leaving the employer should give notice or pay compensation. The notice required to terminate an employment applies only to employer and not to employee. As such, I will not pay any amount and if you repeat the demand, I will be constrained to take legal action against you by approaching the Officer concerned of the State Labour department"

Please do it.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.