Anonymous
Hi Everyone.
I recently got a new job in a good company, so I decided to resign from the current company where I had worked for ten years (First company). This was a 1st shift & hence my resignation was a shocker to the org.

However, they have sent a resignation acceptance without mentioning any last working day & they have held a relieving letter until an ongoing project's last milestone payment comes. Also, they have portrayed their disappointment with the abrupt resignation before accepting it. So I feel the way it went made them to do so.

The project will take till mid-March, but I'm asked to join on or before 12th Feb.

The new company has not yet asked for this letter, but I want to be prepared for any alternative approach if it's asked during pre-joining formalities.

Request for sincere suggestions & alternatives to get out of this situation.

From India, Bengaluru
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Where ever possible try for proper relieving either ask additional time with new employer or convince current employer.

If you leave without information your current employer will hold your relieving /experience certificate / full and final settlement and also will share negative comment during future Background verification process. As you had worked for 10 years obviously your current employer will expect some additional support. If you go by your letter of appointment terms then it might be 30 days but by virtue of position, roles and responsibilities handled by you Employer will expect additional time frame. If you leave abruptly your 10 years of service will go meaningless.

From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

An employer cannot be that dejective towards an employee who has worked with him for ten years. Therefore, despite the feeling expressed by the employer, you will get a good service cum relieving letter. But you should talk to them of your urgency to move in a very polished way with an impression that there will not be any issue from the employer since you had a very good innings with him. Never pretend that you are worried about your relieving but let the employer feel that you are confident that there would be a proper handing over.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.