We have a Follow EL Encasement Policy .

Rounded off Method

If 1.1 to 1.4 means round off to 1.
If 1.5 to 1.59 means round off to 1.5.
If 1.6 to 1.9 means round off to 1.5.

Kindly advise is method is right as per Act

From India, Coimbatore
Madhu.T.K

Is it your EL encashment policy or EL calculation policy? When you divide the number of days worked by 20 (assuming that EL is one day for every twenty days worked) there will be fractions. It may be like 13.2, 13.6, 13.9, 14.7 etc. A fraction of less than 0.5 will be ignored and more than 0.5 will be rounded to one next figure. This is the law. Accordingly if someone has worked for, say 264, he will earn 13 leaves ignoring the fraction of 0.2, ie,264/20=13.2. If some person has worked for 296, then he will earn 15 days EL though it is actually 14.8.

Normally EL will be availed only in whole day number and as such there will not be fraction of a leave in the credit for encashment. Please clarify if your query is related to encashment or EL earning.

From India, Kannur
KK!HR

There is no specific provision regarding rounding off the fractional leave entitlement. There are two rules that apply:
1. Where there is an entitlement for a minimum number, then for every fraction it has to be upwardly revised. I.e., for any number greater than 2.0 the number has to be reckoned as 3.
2. Where there is an entitlement for a maximum number, then for every fraction it has to be limited to the previous whole number. I.e., for any number lesser than 3 the number has to be reckoned as 2.
3. Also there is a median approach which is very popularly used, i.e. while a fraction up to 0.5 is ignored any number equal to or greater than 0.5 is rounded as the next full number.
The median approach is fair and equitable, looking at the legal provision it is recommended.

From India, Mumbai
ragu-pathi1
Sirs
Thanks for your valuable suggestions ..
can I following the same below steps ,so that something is legal in the future?

Rounded off Method
If 1.1 to 1.4 means round off to 1.
If 1.5 to 1.59 means round off to 1.5.
If 1.6 to 1.9 means round off to 1.5.

From India, Coimbatore
KK!HR

Is there any issue in converting >1.5 as 2 ???
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.