Raj Kumar Chauhan

Dear All, Please confirm one of our female workers has been on maternity leave from 01-08-2023 to date and has had a successful delivery.
Please confirm the process to get her maternity leave benefits cash/leave or any other.
Form -18/discharge slips already signed by a doctor.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Regards
R.K. Chauhan

From India, Mohali
Raj Kumar Chauhan

Dear All,

Please confirm one of our female workers has been on maternity leave from 01-08-2023 to date and has had a successful delivery.
Please confirm the process to get her maternity leave benefits cash/leave or any other.
Form -18/discharge slips already signed by a doctor.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Regards
R.K. Chauhan

From India, Mohali
Madhu.T.K

What is the issue? Your employee was on maternity leave from Aug 23. Obviously, she will complete her leave in January 24. If you have not provided any prenatal or postnatal care, pay her Rs 3500 (one time) in addition to the salary that you pay each month. One thing that you have to ensure is that the maternity leave is for 26 weeks and the leave shall precede 8 weeks of childbirth. If you have a proof of delivery, that is enough. The leave should be marked like any other leave so that salary can be processed every month and sent to her bank account. That's all.
From India, Kannur
Madhu.T.K

Sorry, whatever I have written pertains to the payment of maternity benefits by the employer to an employee who is NOT covered by ESI Schemes. I presume that the form 18 mentioned by R K Chauhan is the one issued by the Medical Officer of ESI and the employee is under ESI. In such cases, the employer can mark her absence as "ESI leave" till she returns to work. No salary shall be paid by the employer as salary will be paid by the ESI Corporation. Therefore, please ensure that her name will appear in the Muster rolls every month and it is marked as "ESI Leave" so that the system will take it as leave without pay and no salary would be processed.
From India, Kannur
Raj Kumar Chauhan

Dear Madhu sir, thanks for update
From India, Mohali
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.