No Tags Found!

PlKj
I applied to a company for the job role of Associate Software engineer.
-----------------
The job requirement was :
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (BTech preferred) 2020/2021/2022/2023 batches
Strong understanding of programming languages such as Java, Python, C++, or JavaScript.
Familiarity with software development concepts, algorithms, and data structures.
Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically.
Basic knowledge of web development, databases, and version control systems is a plus.
Good communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Eagerness to learn, adapt, and take ownership of assigned tasks.
Any relevant internships, projects, or certifications will be considered an advantage.
Backlog is allowed
-----------------
I applied for the job with an employee reference but my resume isn't getting shortlisted. I'm a 2022 Btech graduate. I haven't done any internship or any work experience. I'm well versed in C++ and Python and have done a few projects in Flutter and Machine learning . 2 hours ago they posted for the same job role on LinkedIn. How can I know the reason for my resume getting rejected? Should I apply again? What might be the reason for getting rejected?

From India, Kochi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

Probably you may check through the employee who referred you.

As per your post you had applied for Associate Software engineer position. As per my understanding the position requires some past relevant practical experience. Mere knowledge in C++, python won't be sufficient.

Only the HR of that Company can be able to provide the reason for rejection. What you can do is instead of emailing the résumé directly to HR you may submit the Resume through the employee known to you.

From India, Madras
raghunath_bv

Hi,

It's frustrating when your resume doesn't get shortlisted, but there could be various reasons for this. Here are some potential factors that might be influencing the outcome:

Lack of Internships or Work Experience:
Many companies prioritize candidates with some form of work experience or internships. If you haven't had any, it might put you at a disadvantage.

Competition:
Since the job was posted again just 2 hours ago, it's possible that a large number of applications have flooded in. This can make it harder for your resume to stand out.

Specific Skills or Experience:
The company might be looking for specific skills or experiences that are not clearly highlighted in your resume. For example, if they are particularly interested in web development, database management, or version control systems, make sure to emphasize any experience or projects related to these areas.

Resume Quality:
Ensure that your resume is well-organized, error-free, and highlights your relevant skills and projects effectively.

Employee Reference:
Although you applied with an employee reference, this doesn't always guarantee selection. It can give you a slight advantage, but your application still needs to meet the company's requirements.

Application Timing:
Sometimes, the timing of your application can make a difference. Applying early might give you an edge.

Since the job was posted again, you could consider applying again. Before doing so, review your resume and make sure it aligns well with the job requirements. Highlight your strengths, especially your proficiency in C++ and Python, as well as your projects in Flutter and Machine Learning.

If possible, you could also try to reach out to the employee who referred you and ask for feedback or insights on why your application might not have progressed. They might be able to provide valuable information.

You may note here that job searching can be a competitive process, and it's normal to face rejections. Don't get discouraged. Keep applying to positions that match your skills and interests.
Good luck and all the best.
Thanks,

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.