No Tags Found!

priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

Dear professionals, I have a friend who is currently working as an accounts executive but has a background in computer science with a diploma and has taken a course in Python development. Interestingly, her current role is not aligned with her educational background. She is primarily involved in backend website tasks, such as updating prices and product details and conducting internet research.

I've done some research and found that an accounts executive is typically responsible for maintaining ongoing client relationships. However, my friend's work seems more related to website management and data updates. Is there a specific job title for the type of work she's doing? Additionally, could this discrepancy between her job and her qualifications have a negative impact on her career, given that she has been in this position for over a year?

Furthermore, my friend received an appointment letter for the position of accounts executive.

**Is there a possibility of obtaining an experience letter for the role she's currently performing, given the differences in her actual responsibilities? Will she have any career opportunities in her current field, considering her background and the work she's been doing? Looking forward to your guidance.

Thanks in advance

From India, Kochi
raghunath_bv

Hi Priya S. Lakshmi,

Encourage your friend to:
Highlight Transferable Skills: She should emphasize the technical skills she's gained, such as Python development and backend website management, in her resume and cover letter.

Seek Additional Training or Certifications:-
Depending on her interests, she might want to consider further training or certifications in areas that align with her career goals.

Network and Explore Opportunities:
Attending industry events, webinars, or workshops can help her expand her professional network and discover new career paths.

Consider a Conversation with HR or Supervisors:
If her job responsibilities have shifted significantly, it might be worth discussing potential adjustments to her job title or duties.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.