No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I'm into an MNC currently and all my previous employment experiences were true. My first company is closed during covid and I do not have any offer letter from them as I did freelancing. But they gave me experience. But the current company is not ready to accept it. What can I do? They received proper experience from X employer email id and they have got the employer's phone number and CIN also. Still, they need an offer and payslip. how can I justify it?
From India, Chennai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

You need to explain your current employer that your past employer is a small company.

Probably you may request for a detailed experience certificate from your past employer and you can submit the same with the current employer. CIN number only if available you can submit.

Past employer can certify about your past employment details with them. But it is not necessary for the past employer to CIN number compulsorily even if available.

From India, Madras
Preets
Thank you. I am doing the same but they need only payslips and offer letter where I could not produce it.

also they issued show cause notice. My old employer also dropped an email with experience cert. But still the company needs pay slip copy and offer letter.

From India, Chennai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, The maximum you can do is explain the employer about the fact and submit the available documents. Beyond which you can’t do anything.
From India, Madras
DIPTI SRIVASTAVA 83

If you are facing a situation where your current company is not accepting your experience from a previous employer due to the lack of an offer letter and payslip, you can take the following steps to try and resolve the issue:

Provide Alternative Proof: Even if you don't have an offer letter or payslip from your previous employer, try to provide alternative forms of proof. This could include email correspondence, reference letters, project details, and any other documents that demonstrate your employment and the nature of your work. You mentioned that your current company received experience details from your previous employer's email and have their contact information; these could be useful in verifying your employment.

Explain the Freelancing Nature: If your work with the first company was freelancing, explain the nature of your engagement. Clarify that freelancers often don't receive traditional offer letters or payslips, but they can provide references, project details, and other evidence of their work.

Reference Check: If your current company has the contact information of your previous employer, encourage them to contact them directly for verification. Your previous employer can confirm your employment, responsibilities, and other relevant details.

Legal Requirements: Check the labor laws and regulations in your region to understand if an offer letter and payslip are legally required for validation of employment. If they are not mandatory, communicate this to your current company.

Provide Additional Information: Offer any additional information that can help support your case. This might include documents like tax statements, bank statements showing payment received, or any other official documents related to your freelance work.

Communicate with HR: Engage in open communication with your HR department to explain your situation and provide the evidence you have. Clearly convey that while you may not have traditional documents, you can provide substantial evidence of your employment.

Escalate if Necessary: If your efforts to communicate and provide evidence are not yielding results, you might need to escalate the matter within your company's HR hierarchy or through appropriate channels.

Consult Legal Expertise: If the situation becomes complex and it's affecting your employment, you might consider seeking legal advice to understand your rights and options.

Remember that every situation is unique, and the approach you take should be tailored to your circumstances and the company's policies. It's essential to communicate effectively, provide as much supporting evidence as possible, and try to resolve the matter through open discussions.

Preets
Thank you so much. I will try to follow these ideas.
From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.