Anonymous
Hello all, I have query regarding my resignation scenario. I have resigned within a month joining an MNC org. But I got confused and revoked my resignation requesting to management. But now I again want to resign in few weeks. I am not sure how to go ahead and tackle this situation. I am ready to follow the separation policies also.
But not sure how will they react. Will they be able to do any negative impact on my profile for further Background verification. Can they terminate me if I resign again?
Please suggest.

From India, Pune
Madhu.T.K

You should stick on one decision. Understand that every decision will involve an element of risk and a decision to leave an organisation or join another organisation also should involve risk. Since your employer has permitted you to withdraw the resignation once, it is not ethical to leave that establishment now. This will certainly affect your future.
From India, Kannur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

It is not very clear on what basis you had revoked the resignation initially and now again want to submit resignation?

If you submit resignation again and willing to serve proper notice then employer have no other option except to accept it.

While resignation is your right just imagine the situation of the employer. Based on your cancellation they might considered you as a head count for the projected project work. It is all about credibility. They might not consider your future re-employment.

From India, Madras
Anonymous
Hi Lakshminarayan,
I am not happy with the work so I want to resign. I revoked it once as I was not sure abt this unhappy feeling then.
I totally understand the fault is on my side for creating this confusion.
But if it's really hard for me everyday to work then I am thinking for resigning again. I want to know can they take any negative action to on me for this? Something like termination or like that which will cause issues for my further employments through background verification.
Please advise 🙏

From India, Pune
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Termination is an extreme step. You haven't involved yourself in any misconduct or didn't violated the rules and regulations of the Company. So there are remote chances for termination. As already stated they might not consider your future re-employment. Also nothing to worry about BGV as well. They will share the details as per file. It is just your assumption that something negative might happen. So get rid of it.

From India, Madras
Anonymous
Hi Lakshminarayan sir, i appreciate you responding my query. I understand your reply. But lately in one of the informal lunch table discussion i expressed my unhappy feeling with my manager and he said that not to go in resignation discussion again else it can lead to termination. So I am little concerned. Please advice me shall I still can go ahead and resign? Can it be managers personal perspective? Or he can really influence the final decision? Can they overrule policy?
From India, Pune
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

For terminations there should be some strong cause. Our opinions / advises are based on your narration. Probably if feasible you may postpone your resignation for some time or justify your resignation with proper reason.

From India, Madras
Anonymous
The current scenario is exactly as I narrated sir. I have not hidden anything.
I resigned
Then I requested them to allow revoking resignation. First they said no..then I requested again on which they agreed. In a call they said that they hope I won't get confused again.
And now I want to resign again
This is exact scenario sir .
Please advice.
Thanks in advance

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.