Balasah1992

Hi I'm currently working as a Software Engineer in a Marine company for past 1 year. Previously I have worked with Cognizant and Accenture for more than 7 years.
Since currently I'm in a non-IT organization, is there any problem in joining back to big IT companies like TCS/Infosys etc?
I do have proof as offer letter, UAN , PF etc and I never disclosed anything wrong. Will there be any problem in background verification due to unknown organization?
But my current company is registered and running over for past 16 years but for IT they started as from past 2 years.
Though it's a good and growing company, I always have a fear about joining IT companies and HR policies?
Does HR / company avoid my profile since I'm working in unknow/unfamilar/non-IT organization?

From India, Chennai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

You claim that you are current working as Software Engineer in a non IT Company. As long as you work in same field I don't see any issues. But not sure of your Domain whether you are in same Domain currently which is similar to TCS/Infosys role or in different role. As long as you possess the right skill required by the employer, there will not be any issues. Also BGV is limited to ascertaining the genuineness of your past employment, salary, whether got relieved etc. Since you are disclosing current employment details prospective employer will know about it.

The only disadvantage is if you are working in different domain future employer will try to negotiate on salary part or might not consider you, considering the gap.

From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

What is your issue with the current organisation? Is it that the company is not a reputed one? Do you know the names of all the companies in India? Can anybody say that only TCS, Infosys or Cognizant are reputed companies? No. All companies have name in their respective fields.

An employer will consider you only if they are satisfied with your past experience and the exposure that you should have gained in the field. If they find that your role in the current organisation you work for is good and relevant to him, he will consider you for further discussion. If he thinks that the organisation where you currently work is not a reputed one and his policy is to hire people who have worked in reputed firms only, then he will not consider your CV and he will not spent time to go through it or call you for a personal interview. Therefore, if he has called you for interview or has given you an offer letter, it should be construed that your past experience is oaky for them. Then what is the relevance of a background verification? let them do it. The background verification team cannot say that your immediate past employment was not with a reputed organisation and therefore, your employment should be terminated. NO. Then why should you worry?

From India, Kannur
Balasah1992

Hi Lakshmi Narayanan

When you say different domain, I have worked with HealthCare domain in previous companies and currently working for a logistics domain.
But the working technology is same.
As a software engineers, we will not be sticking to single domain or technologies.
Even in IT companies, I have seen my friends working on HealthCare, Manufacturing, Banking, etc using the required technologies.

From India, Chennai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, To reiterate as long as you possess the right skill required by the employer, there will not be any issues. If the working technology is same then there will not be any issues.
From India, Madras
Balasah1992

Hi Madhu

I afraid that,
Here there is no policy of providing CTC letters to the employees.
Even on year end revision also, they used to mention only the gross monthly salary in hard copy without any salary break up.
Apart from Salary, they do provide Festive and Performance bonus which are not mentioned in the revised letter / offer letter.
Since I was working there for more than 1 year, I have proof of bonuses in payslip and bank statement.
Incase if I was looking for job change, if my future employers ask about CTC and revised letters, what should I do?
Whenever I reach HR to ask to provide complete CTC, She used to ask, why do you need it ? And she suspects that I have a plan of leaving the organization.

You know, it's a very good organization, they provide plenty of benefits to the employees but they are not mentioning anywhere in the offer letter or revised letter.
How to handle this situation?

From India, Chennai
Madhu.T.K

True, the organisation may be fine but they should follow some basic principles of HR, one of which is providing a salary revision letter every year. Perhaps it is the policy of the company so that non one will leave them. Legally there is no requirement of a CTC letter but monthly pay slip is more than enough to establish the salary of any employee. If your employer is giving it every month, or is available in the HR portal to be downloaded, then that is enough. Then there is no need of any increment letter. If they don't even give you payslips, then it is a major non compliance on the part of the company. In such a situation you can produce bank statement to any new employer. This actually establishes the reason for your leaving the company also, ie, a company which does not give annual increment letters, a company which does not issue payslips to the employees, is a place NOT GOOD to work!

In the absence of letters to document a salary or salary increment, you can only show the bank statement to a new employer.

From India, Kannur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi Bala

Probably you may try this. Approach HR and inform that you are planning for some Housing Loan (or some different loan) for which you require your CTC Certify letter. You can ask for Bonafide certificate which will certify your employment, designation, DOJ and total salary with break-up. You use it as a proof of salary.

From India, Madras
Balasah1992

Thanks you Lakshmi Narayanan and Madhu
From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.