Anonymous
Hello Seniors,

Currently I am working as an HR in a Pharma Company. I am from communication background and completed my Master's in Journalism and Mass Communication in 2022. Because of my earlier experience in MS Office and my communication skills, I was selected in my present company. I have 8 months of experience. I am pursuing a correspondence course in HR, but I believe strong industry exposure is more important than reading theories. Kindly guide me what steps I can take to polish my skills and how I can get a good growth in my career? I want to switch my company as it is a manufacturing unit and working conditions are not that good. Your help and expertise are greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Kriya Singh

From India, Hyderabad
NK SUNDARAM

Apart from your theoretical qualification, go in for practical learning. Please remember rules and guidelines are there to guide you. Rule from the heart. Dont throw the rule book at employees. Have a heart. You can always bend your rules to help an employee in exceptional cases. There are a lot of subskills like Employee Engagement, Performance Management, Training and Development, Competency and skill mapping, Employee policy handbook and also HR Audit. I conduct training on all those topics. I retired in 2011 from L&T after 33 years but now am into soft skill training, HR Training and HR Consultancy. There is no end to learning. From the role of a Secretary I retired as Sr DGM and Head of HR. Best wishes
From India
jeevarathnam

No fresher will have good knowledge in any subject. Only thing you need to do is keep reading HR related articles & dedicate minimum of 1 hour a day, Explore the opportunities as much as possible, Concentrate on the interested topics in HR, keep communicating with experienced HR professionals
From India, Bangalore
KK!HR

Managing HR in a manufacturing organisation is a difficult task and is a good learning experience for the operational tasks of HR function. That background would help to work in any other type of organisation.
The conceptual understanding is very much needed to make a success of your career. So, do full justice to the course you are doing and try to apply your learnings in the work situation. They are relevant and a clear understanding will help you to stand out among peers.
Devote time to understanding the happening in the field. Be active in this forum. Be open in your approach and try to correlate HR function with the strategic growth of the organisation.

From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
Thank you all for your guidance. I will definitely work hard and keep following the trends in the industry.
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.