Anonymous

Dear All,

I am writing to seek your guidance regarding our company's PF Establishment Code and the process of obtaining a new PF registration number.

When we initially registered our company with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), we opted for a PF Establishment Code and received a PF code number. Recently, we have closed our previous office and relocated to Gujarat.

My query is twofold: First, can we obtain a new PF registration number for our company in Gujarat? Second, should we send a closure request to our old regional office regarding the previous PF registration number?

I kindly request your expert advice on this matter.

Thank you for your attention and assistance.

From India, Ahmadabad
Madhu.T.K

I don't know what is the relevance of ten employees and the salaries of all the employees being more than Rs 15000 for not taking PF or contributing to PF. The EPF will start only when your number of employees becomes 20. And that is mandatory even if your employees are paid more than Rs 15000. Just due to a few existing PF members employees joining your establishment will not make your establishment covered by EPF. But what is required is to ensure that the total number of employees is 20 or more.

An establishment once registered can continue the same registration even when to change the location, set up a new branch. But communication of change of address is required to be given.

From India, Kannur
jeevarathnam

Now a days ESI & EPF codes are auto generated through MCA Portal

If at all no employee comes under the purview of ESI & EPF contribution need to submit the NIL Returns & non submission of returns shall be treated as Non Compliance.
As you already received the EPF coverage need to continue with the same code & submit returns. Also you need to apply change of address

From India, Bangalore
Madhu.T.K

It is true that the registration is automatic but in respect of companies only and not for establishments registered as a partnership firm or proprietorship. Even for companies, the Act, viz, EPF and MP Act or ESI Act, will become covered only from the date on which the establishment employs the required number of employees. Whether the company which has been given RCs under these Acts by auto generation of RCs are liable to send NIL returns till they become legally covered by the Act is a question of law and I don't think that the EPF/ ESI authorities can take legal action against an employer for non submission of returns. This is because the establishment becomes legally covered only when the number of employees becomes 10 in the case of ESi or 20 in the case of EPF. The question of submission of returns arises only then.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.