Anonymous
Hi Sir, I was working in a startup company in Bangalore. I worked there for one year. After one year, I got a better job opportunity from a new company. Initially, the new company wanted me to join early. Accordingly, I resigned from the startup company and requested them to release me early but the management didn't accept my request and told me to serve a full notice period of one month as per the company's policy. I agreed to their request and planned to join the new company when my notice period in the old company was over. The new company fixed my joining accordingly.

While I was serving my notice period, suddenly after 12 days the HR manager informed me that we are considering yesterday's date as your last working day and you are relieved and you are requested to submit the office laptop.

This sudden discontinuation of my employment left me jobless / without any work till the time I would join another company. This will be a huge loss of salary (of 18 days) for me and I would not be able to pay my EMIs. I mailed my HR about this but there was no reply from them.

The major events with dates are given below:

8th May 23 - I resigned from my position and the discussion was done with my manager.
8th May 23 - I requested for relieving me earlier than my notice period but the request was denied by management. 13th May 23 - Management accepted my resignation, but the Last Working Day was still not decided.
15th May 23 - The Last Working date was decided and set as 7th June '23 as per the One Month's Notice policy.
15th May 23 - I accepted the company's decision of serving one month's notice as per the company’s policy and planned to work till 7th June.
16th May 23 - I planned my joining the new company on 8th June based on my Last working day in the startup company which was 7th June.
16th - 20th May 23 - All handing over processes were going on and knowledge transfer was happening from my side. 20th May 23 - Suddenly I was informed on 20th May that my Last Working day is 19th May. This was done without my consent.
20th May 23 - My company's email and access were blocked too.
20th May 23 - I informed the company that this decision would make me jobless until I join the other company and I would suffer a monetary loss.
20th May - till date - No reply from my company for my mail and Whatsapp messages.

Please help me to get the salary because the company forcefully discontinued my employment without any prior information or my consent.

From India, Bengaluru
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Initially you had requested for early relieving and your ex-employer insisted for one month notice. But later you were relieved by 19th May.

Primarily when you had accepted to serve notice till 7th June either they should have allowed to serve notice till 7th June or should have paid the salary for the 20th May to 6th June.

Have you collected your Full and Final Settlement or Full and Final Statement ? If not contact HR by person ( instead of emailing /sending message through whatsapp) and explain that based on their advise you had agreed to serve notice till 6th June and early relieving is their call and hence want salary till mutually agreed last working day 6th June.

Explain them that you have financial constraints. Hope you will be joining new employer office as planned.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.