No Tags Found!

unique123
I have done Ph.D. from a university in Delhi (from 2012 -2017). During my Ph.D., I did a 1-year regular diploma from another university in the came city. But I didn't take permission/intimate from my Ph.D. institution to pursue a 1-year diploma in 2016. Currently, I work in the same university from which I completed my Ph.D. as a regular employee.
The essential as well desirable qualifications for the job/post didn't have any requirement of the diploma I completed. Neither did I use the diploma qualification to get my current job (in a government institution) nor was it desired by my employer by any means/reason. But the job required Ph.D. as an essential qualification.

Now can you please tell me can my PhD degree be challenged by my employer if they found that I have done a diploma simultaneously? I enquired with UGC for the same and they said that UGC does not have any guidelines prior to April 2022 for simultaneously pursuing a degree and diploma in regular mode. So they basically have no rules against it.

Please suggest.

From India, Bengaluru
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

A student can pursue two academic courses concurrently. However, as per the UGC guidelines, both courses should not have equal status i.e., both graduate, both post-graduate etc.

In your case, one was a PhD and another was a diploma. Both have unequal status. Therefore, legally nothing is wrong per se.

Each University has rules for the students on pursuing two courses concurrently. However, the university just ratifies the UGC guidelines and does not create anything on its own. Therefore, please check the rules of Delhi university once again.

If at all the employer challenges the pursuing two courses simultaneously, the course of higher order will get primacy over lower order. Therefore, the sanctity of your PhD will remain intact.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.