varsha-sharma

Hi,

If we want to develop Leadership Program in our organization. How it can be planned? What steps can be followed or any specific model can be used.

What are the latest Leadership Development Programs the organizations are doing ?

Seeking for some good suggestions. Thanks

From India
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Ms Varsha Sharma,

The topic that you cover, the duration of the programme, who conducts the programme that does not matter. What matters is whether you could measure the effectiveness of the Leadership Development Programme (LDP) or not. Possibly the LDP may fail also. However, what matters is measurement.

I have seen a large number of HR professionals tom-toming about the leadership training. However, hardly I could find them measuring the effectiveness. There are trainers who assure 100% "Excellent" feedback from all the participants yet the effectiveness could not be proved. Please do not push yourself in this sorry situation.

I am into training and consulting for the last 21 years. Hence the above suggestion. Feel free to contact me for further query if any.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
learningnovo

Leadership is a broad topic. You need to first look at the competencies of your employees you want to enhance. Once you have identified the right competencies, you need to figure out a way to measure the present level of your employees on those competencies.

You will get a figure to begin with.

You need to look at the behavioral indicators of the competencies and map out the learning objectives of the intervention.

After that, a training design needs to be developed.

As Mr. Divekar has written, conducting a Leadership training without mapping out the measures to gauge the effectiveness of the intervention is as good as not conducting a program.

You may connect with me, and I shall be able to provide you guidance on how to go about the entire process.

From India, Delhi
capt-shiva-kumar
if you observe you will note every group of animal or bird will have a lead in from. birds fly in formation each bird taking turn to lead. the formation helps them to fly with lest of air resistance.goats follow the lead and so does any other pack.there it may be animal instinct or environmental need. in humans leadership is bit more refined , Ned based and process driven.i my view smallest structure where leadership is noted is family where father takes the lead and rest follow the directives.mother has own format and status in this leadership , leadership more in demand in social structure to set the ground rules, guide and help others follow. not all are leaders, many are and feel contented being a follower.thus leadership training has to be for those who show the inclination to lead and take responsibility, providing the right input to such people may help them in their performance as leaders. there are appointed leaders , there are self appointed leader, self appointed are more to watch out for they have certain inherent traits that make them natural leaders.thus leadership training should be well calibrated and addressed to an audience that have the desire or the potentiality.
From India, Rajkot
Raghunath Sabat

Here are some steps that can be followed to plan a leadership development program in an organization:

- Define the objectives: Clearly define the goals and objectives of the leadership development program. Identify the specific skills and competencies that the program should target.

- Assess the current leadership development needs: Conduct a gap analysis to assess the current leadership development needs of the organization and its employees. Identify any areas where development is needed to improve the performance of the organization.

- Identify the target audience: Determine the specific employees who will participate in the program, such as high-potential employees, new managers, or existing leaders.

- Develop the program content: Design the program content to address the identified leadership development needs. The program should include a mix of theoretical and practical components, as well as opportunities for self-reflection and feedback.

- Choose a delivery method: Decide on the most appropriate delivery method for the program, such as classroom training, online learning, coaching, or mentoring.

- Evaluate the program: Regularly assess the effectiveness of the program and make adjustments as needed. Use a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods to evaluate the impact of the program on the organization and its employees.

As for the latest leadership development programs, organizations are increasingly using blended learning approaches, which combine online and face-to-face learning experiences. They are also more focusing on experiential learning, where employees learn through hands-on experience and real-world scenarios. Some of the popular leadership development programs include:

- Executive coaching and mentoring.

- Action Learning programs

- Team-based leadership development programs.

- 360-degree feedback

- Emotional intelligence development programs.

- Cross-cultural leadership programs

- Virtual leadership development programs.

It's important to remember that the best leadership development program for your organization will depend on your specific needs and goals. It's always recommended to consult with an expert or conduct research before making a final decision.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.