Sarvesh1997
I had joined a company in documents I got an offer letter on mail which I accepted it and worked for 2 months but the office condition and work environment was also not good, that's y i left the company without notice period but for now they are sending threatening mail for legal action, they asked for PAN number for TDS file but i had not signed any paper, because of bad HR system. What to do?
From India, Navi Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Whatsoever the reason, leaving an organization without any information is not at all ethical. This would affect your career in future as well.

In the absence of any Training Agreement or indemnity bond there is nothing to worry abut legal action but ensure you will not repeat the same mistake in future.

For TDS filing purpose PAN is mandatory which they should have collected at the time of joining itself.

From India, Madras
Sarvesh1997
i had offer letter with me on mail other than that there was no document shared or signed, i left the organization because the salary was not on time and they used to call me on Sunday also to work even the hole office was empty, and the PAN CARD they asked me now after leaving the organization for more than 2 months. Is there any legal action they can take on basis on offer letter
From India, Navi Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

As you claimed to have worked for 2 months you should have signed Attendance Register ? not sure. To reiterate there will not be any implications. Even if you are not interested to work with any employer for whatever reasons it might be discuss with the employer and ensure proper separation with proper notice. Absconding can't be justified at any cost.

From India, Madras
saswatabanerjee

If you do not give your PAN no, you will not get credit for the income tax deducted from your salary. Why do you want to lose it?
Further, they will be forced to pay higher income tax on your behalf, which is why they are also worried.

On the other point, yes, they can take action based on your appointment letter. However, the maximum they can do is ask for notice pay, less the amount due to you for the number of days worked but not paid. It is not financially viable for any company to take legal action on this as the lawyer's fees is higher than the recoverable amount. Your defence could be on the fact that you were not paid on time and that is a violation of the implicit clause in the appointment letter. But I doubt if they will actually take any action.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.