No Tags Found!

ND-HR

Dear Team, Can anyone please provide information of the zone of Mahabaleshwar (Maharashtra) for Minimum wage act. Is it under Zone I, Zone II, or Zone III?
From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

The zones are defined in the notification issued every 6 months under the minimum wages act. You need to see which zone definition your city falls under.
From India, Mumbai
ND-HR

Dear Banerjee, Thanks for reply.
From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

Hi ND

I happened to find this definitions while looking for something else (but I still suggest you look at the notification to ensure you are correct).

DEFINITIONS

Group A - Comprising the developed areas, viz. Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) and Pune Metropolitan Region (PMR).
Group B - Comprising the areas where some development has taken place.
Group C - Comprising the areas, which are less developed than those at Group B.
Group D - Comprising the lesser-developed areas of the State not covered under Group A / Group B / Group C.
Group D+ - Comprising those least developed areas not covered under Group A / Group B / Group C / Group D.

Zones in Maharashtra as classified by the Ministry of Labour
Zone I - Comprise of the area falling within the limits of all 'A' and 'B' class Municipal Corporations Zone II - Comprise of the areas falling within the limits of all 'C' and 'D' class Municipal Corporation and 'A' class of Municipal Councils and Cantonment areas Zone III - Comprise of all other areas in the state, which are not included in Zone I and Zone II.

From India, Mumbai
ND-HR

Dear Banerjee,

Thanks for detailed explanation for the subject.
My concern is how to define development work?
For my question, I want to find out zone for Mahabaleshwar, so how to judge development work? and how to conclude zone?

As per details provided by you, Mahabaleshwar will fall under Zone II or Zone III, but I am not sure, can any one please help?

From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

Dear ND
I suggest you visit the office of the labour commissioner concerned (should be either mahableshwar or Mahad) and check with them. They will be able to tell you the zone. If possible, get it in writing. But even otherwise, they will be give you the correct answer

From India, Mumbai
ND-HR

Dear Banerjee, Thanks for the suggestion.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.