No Tags Found!

Anonymous

Hii all, An employee is being very rude and mannerless during her notice period and not ready to go with the policies.
Can I write in her relieving letter that she was very rude and arrogant and doesn't work as per the policy?

From India, Gurgaon
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Surabhi,
You will come across people of different nature in your walks of personal and professional life. You have to accept this truth being a HR man.
Allow the employee to exit in a graceful manner and do not resort to revenge for her behavior because your action would damage her career. But do not forget to remind her, while issuing the relive letter, that management could have given negative report for your bad behavior but spared considering your future.

From India, Mumbai
infotech.tanaysk

@Surbhi-Malhotra1
Sometimes difficult circumstances in personal life effect the ethical behavior of an employee in an organization. Judging her just by her behavior and mentioning such harsh words in her relieving letter may affect her future in a very bad manner.
Relieving letter speaks all good and bad about an employee. For such employee like yours, a better approach would be, not to mention anything other than her formal duties. That would be enough punishment for her, not to get the praising words from the previous employers. In that way next time she would be much careful during her notice period.
Regards
Tanay Singh Kulshreshtha
HR Manager
Satcap India Pvt. Ltd.

From India, Bhopal
hr-revolution

Dear Surabhi
It will not advisable to write such harsh/negative words in her relieving letter.
Rather than writing such thing, you (company) can issue a warning letter to her mentioning such behaviour is no acceptable at all. Till her exit she will be the employee of the organization & no harm in issuing warning letter.
By this way she will get a strong message & learning for future.
Also company will set an example to other employee that such kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.

From India, New Delhi
Anonymous

Dear All,
Thank you for the advice.
The attitude of this girl is very strange.
She got a warning letter (as per asked my boss), since then she is in rival mode. She fought for the same also that we sent her without any relevance tho she deserves that.
Now when she resigned, she is in taking revenge mode.
She has been really rude, manner less. She is not ready to accept any policy above that she is blaming me back.
Check her words below:
"But since you're being unfair to an employee in every way, I really don't wish to discuss this further with you.
t's not my fault if your documentation is improper."
and many more this.
She shouted on me without any reason during a meeting with CEO.
She is basically doing what she wants because she is leaving the organization.

From India, Gurgaon
Anonymous

I have got her warning letter ready with me, but my boss is not letting me send it.
She is fighting on silly reasons like her basic salary is 32000/- and she will claim EL on the basis of 32000/-, tho it is clearly mentioned in her appointment letter she signed that her CTC is 32000/-.
The leave policy was effective from December 2020 but she is claiming her EL since the date mentioned in her offer letter i.e. 23 jan 2020 tho she herself joined on 27 jan 2020.
My boss is saying only one thing that he wants a smooth a exit of her.
He is not letting me take any action against her because he is concerned about his work related things she knows.
Kindly help me with a suggestion what should i do in this case.

From India, Gurgaon
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear madam,

Suggest you take following actions:

* Don't give any reaction to her rude and revengeful acts. Ignore her.

* Pass on tactfully verbal message that her BGV check by future employer, the true facts will be revealed

* If your boss is dragging cold feet on the proposed warning letter , don't issue it unless you show courage of conviction and justify issuing the same with accompanying risks.

* Don't yield to any pressures from her to pay leave salary on CTC, if your policies don't permit. Go strictly by them.

* Make her FNF settlement as per applicable policies and precedents and let the release letter be couched in simple words. Avoid being revengeful by mentioning the untoward behaviour of hers in the release letter as it will absolutely be in bad taste .

The departing lady employee's conduct , though unacceptable by any standards, if you ignore it will lose its punch and wear out naturally.

Regards,

Vinayak Nagarkar

HR and Employee Relations Consultant

From India, Mumbai
surbhi-malhotra

Understood Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.
From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.