Arunabha Chatterjee
Sir, I am presently working in a PSU. I was called for interview at another prestigious Central govt. organisation say X. However during the time of application at the central govt. organisation or even during the interview slot booking, I was completely unemployed even did not have any confirmation of appointment as well. However 10 days prior to the interview I joined the PSU in which I am working presently. Because an NOC was demanded during interview and as because it was literally impossible to have that within 10 days and that too in a State PSU, so I did not disclose the same at the interview. Meanwhile five days after interview the Central govt. organisation released the result whereby I was selected and asked to join within 12 days. Now in order to prevent suppression of facts I disclosed the same to this organisation and also promised a formal resignation in the present PSU before joining. Although the present PSU has rightly accepted my prayer of resignation but can not provide any formal release letter before the joining date because of lack of staff and lengthy process. What is the way out? Is it impossible to join now? Even the central govt. organisation has not yet conducted the medical but are demanding release letter prior to it.
From India, Siliguri
KK!HR

PSU's are known to be stickler to Rules and hence they may not agree to give you joining without being relieved. This is normally enforced in PSUs. Moreover, there is a strong possibility of overlapping employment since you have not been relieved from the present organisation and that is totally unacceptable in government sector. So you can seek extension of joining stating some genuine sounding reason and join them with proper relieving order. There may not be much problem in granting you extension
From India, Mumbai
bijay_majumdar

I believe that your problem can be reaolved if approached higher authourity in PSU as its matter of 10 days employment and seeking help for lifetime career from seniors in both places would resolve this on humanitarian grounds.
From India, Vadodara
anil.arora

Dear Arunabha,
Your resignation has been accepted by the PSU and due to their engagement and procedure they are unable to fulfill your requirement, I believe you must share the same with the new employer. Subsequently, you will automatically get guidance from them on how and what to do next. You can also submit a copy of the acceptance of your resignation at PSU which will be self-explanatory.
Also, I second to Mr Bijay, you must speak to Higher Authorities at PSU with a request. Good Luck!

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.