No Tags Found!

urjit-rajgor
I am running a small IT Privet Limited company with a team of 15 employees. Do I compulsory need to give the Maternity paid leave?
It yes then what is the time period of the leave and during that time period should I need to give the only Basic of the Salary or full salary?
Can I create a contract like some percentage of her salary she will receive when she joins back the company to assure the employee will be back and not leave the company after delivery? Please help.

From India, Ahmedabad
umakanthan53

Dear friend,
1) Since IT/ITES companies fall under State Shops and Establishments Act and you have 15 employees on roll, the Maternity Benefit Act,1961 applies to your establishment as per sec.2(1)(b) of the Act.
2)Therefore, it is your statutory responsibility to grant maternity benefit for a maximum period of 26 weeks (leave with full wages/salary last drawn) and medical bonus u/s 8.
3) No. it is an unconditional employment benefit in recognition of motherhood.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.