kutie.rose
My company terminated me because of COVID 19. I have lodged a complaint to the Mumbai labour commissioner about non-payment of any severance pay. 

I have not given any NOC to the company, but they have transferred the Full and Final payment to the salary account. They have not given any breakup of the payment, but from the amount, it is understood that it is the last month's pay which was on hold + some loose change (possibly from leave encashment, etc).

The labour commissioner has still not responded to my complaint. I want to have a hearing from the Government on the case because I think the termination and non-payment of severance is illegal.

Should I return the F&F to the company? Should I mail to the company HR that I don't accept the peanuts they are giving to get rid of me? 

I lodged the complaint before the payment, and I don't know when the labour commissioner will respond. I only have a complaint number from the online portal.

p-lekha-jacobs

Practical advice - No, hold on.
There is nothing to be done here. You seem to be a righteous and professional person, please always be.
Do not return FNF proceeds - please accept it. There is nothing you are going to gain out of disputing your FNF calculations - employers will always have an argument/ story to support their case. Better not involve into a long quarrel like this.
Labour Institutions are flooded with a million other complaints like yours - what do you think, when you would be having a solved case? Just think practical...
Please invest time, energy and thoughts in a productive cause - like finding a new job, up-skilling youselves, trainings, professional development, acquiring a new skill, etc, to name a few.

From India, Delhi
KK!HR

You can give a query under the Right To Information to the Labour Commissioner Office to know what is happening to your complaint. It will wake them up and force them to act.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.