No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi,
The company that my friend is working in has cut 50% of his April salary without prior intimation and also announced furloughs informally (refusing to email employees) May onwards. He resigned after two months of unpaid leave in June and got last working date also after 1 month (without salary) in July. He doesn't have the Appointment Letter, communication of salary deduction or unpaid leave and only has the company's laptop.
The company has been sending out strongly worded emails asking to submit laptop and some drawer keys and is refusing to pay the pending salary (plus incentives). He has replied to them that he will not submit the assets until he gets his salary but there is no response from them. They also won't give any notice period dues and after his previously communicated last date ended, they changed his last date to immediate relieving i.e. to June itself.
What can he do with the laptop? He doesn't need the laptop but only needs his money desperately. Can he email them again giving them 3 days notice and do whatever he wants with the laptop (sell it essentially)?
Please let me know.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.