No Tags Found!

Shafaque
Dear team, I need your suggestions as I joined the human resources department I want to improve my knowledge which topics I should read to enhance my knowledge,what is important to be a good hr
Thanks in advance

From India, New Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Shafaque,

You have joined the HR department but then you have not mentioned the nature of your industry, finished product or service of your company, what is the employee count, total number of HR personnel in the HR department, to whom you report to etc.

Your primary duty is to establish your credibility in the eyes of your boss. Therefore, first understand what are the expectations of your boss. Once you know this, identify what knowledge and skill is required to meet those expectations. Thereafter, what knowledge you possess and you do not possess.

Your concentration should be on improving your individual and organisation's productivity. Therefore, work on it with perseverance.

Lastly, today the organisation's have a challenge of slump in the demand. Therefore, sustenance of the business is a number one challege of your boss. To assist your boss, I recommend you finding out avenue of reducing cost of the operations. If you are able to reduce some cost or consumption of resources or reduction in process turnaround time of some process then you will be able to justify your recruitment. Do this on the priority basis.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Shafaque
Dear sir,
Thank you for your reply,
Actually I'm the only one in my department handling from last 7 months as hr executive in hotel industry but I want to move in corporate industry so I want to improve my self.
I handle the strength of 150 employees I have total 3 yrs experience in hr.

From India, New Delhi
Shafaque
I’m interested in operations part
From India, New Delhi
bijay_majumdar

Give your best.know your job, know your people, employees, bosses and those you come across during work.Be humble polite and support people to improve and focus towards organisational goals.
Keep learning new things, Have a pen and diary always with you.

From India, Vadodara
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Shafaque,

If you are from the hotel industry then let me apprise you that General Manager (GM) of the hotel is a person who rules the roost. Therefore, understand what are his expectations from you and start working on it.

A job in the hotel industry is not that technically complex. However, success depends on one's involvement. Therefore, you need to involve in the working of each and every department.

The HR function transcends into all other functions like housekeeping, front office, F & B Production, F & B Service etc in the hotel industry. Therefore, you need to understand how each of this department functions. To know this you need to attend the briefing by the HOD whenever the shift commences or changes. Understand how the duty roster is made in each department and what is the allocation of manpower. Understand whether HoD of any department treats his/her subordinates brazenly in his department.

Additionally, be available at the front office when the checkouts happen most. Observe the body language of the hotel's guest. Interact with them and identify their causes of the dissatisfaction if any.

Lastly, command over English is valued most in the hotel industry. Therefore, spend at least half an hour everyday in improving your grammar. Please note that learning grammar is a lifelong process and does not end with one's schooling. Besides grammar oral communication is valued in the hotel industry. Therefore, improve the fluency in English.

If you do all the above, you will lay a path of success in your career.

All the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.