srivasu76
Hi All, I have resigned my Job on Feb 28th 2020, and was serving my 4 months of notice period which ends by June 31st 2020 . As you all know the current ongoing crisis of Carona has started in March and the company has decided to reduce the salary for the employees in the company. As a part of this reduction, they have deducted the percentage of the monthly salaries based on certain criteria and I fall under 30% slot .

But the question is I have already resigned and served my notice period, but my company deducts my salary for the month of April, May, and June, and now the payslips being provided to me that don't reflect the deduction as they said that the CTC was changed. Is it possible for a company to change the CTC when you are in notice period and nothing reflects in my offer letter also? Can you please suggest me on the same.

One more clause they have mentioned in the mail shared across with all during this crisis.

Q : What happens if I leave employment before 31st March’21, will I still get my deferred pay?

And : If any employee decides to leave our employment – willingly or terminated due to poor performance etc., before 31st March 2021, they will not be eligible to receive any of their reduced pay as part of their Full & Final settlement.-

From India, Hyderabad
panchsen

Hi,

It is presumed that you had continued in service till 30th June 2020 .

Irrespective of your having served the required period of notice you are still in service until relieved on 31st June 2010. In the meanwhile the company has announced specified percent of salary cut defending upon grades presumably from 1st April 2020 due to prevailing covid-19 situation. This ruling has been applied in your case too and hence it is in order.

Naturally if you had left the service before 31st March 2020, your salary would remain in tact as the salary cut has come into force from 1st April 2020 .

Where is the question of deferred wages in that case .

In such circumstances ,the company ought to have issued a circular /mail to all employees making known its intention to cut salary in certain percentage depending on grades , due to the adverse business impact of arising out of Covid-19 situation and the compelling reason to do so . In such an event , a standard format / authorization being designed and get it signed by every employee before going ahead with salary cut .

If the salary cut involves workmen ( bargainable employee)/ Unionized cadre) , the management used to have a bipartite negotiation with union/ workmen representative and an MOU (with clear cut terms and condition as to how much deduction , from when and how long etc ) being signed before proceeding further .

When such an arrangement ( either issuance of circular or MOU as the ase may be) has been made , it is applicable to employees who served notice to employers as a implied condition of service.

Panchsen

P.Senthilkumar

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.